Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multiple warning issues today

Do you know how much driving I should do, been driving for a hour and not sure if the battery is recharging ? Thanks

That should be fine.
Best thing is if you are not sure to use a multi meter and check if the front batt gets power from the alterator. But if you say it is not helping I would take it to the dealer since it is under warenty.

That should be fine.
Best thing is if you are not sure to use a multi meter and check if the front batt gets power from the alterator. But if you say it is not helping I would take it to the dealer since it is under warenty.
Just took it for another long drive as much as you can on a small island and still not cleared. Will take to dealer at some point to get fixed..

Just took it for another long drive as much as you can on a small island and still not cleared. Will take to dealer at some point to get fixed..

That would be the best move I think if the messages are not clearing. Looks to me either a lose kabel or fuse broken at best. The dealer will get it sorted out.

Get yourself a "smart" battery charger and put the battery on charge. On my t6 the media unit will easily run the battery down after 1 hour without the engine running. If I am working on the vehicle and have the radio on I always fire up the "smart" charger.

Is anyone able to photo and post up the fuse box layout next to the light switch to the right of the steering wheel. I checked on the 15amp in case it was broken but cant remember which one the 2 possible slots it goes into. Thanks

@Baylinerjersey The other thing that happens on the T5.1 is if you turn off the ignition but leave the keys in, the radio stays on. If the headlight switch is in auto and it is dark/raining then the sidelights stay on until you remove the key too. Not sure if the same is true of the T6.1.

I have managed to test the battery with a battery tester reading around 12.5v is that right or should it be more thanks

I have managed to test the battery with a battery tester reading around 12.5v is that right or should it be more thanks
That's acceptable as the battery will normally only be charged to 80% capacity because of the regenerative braking system. Voltages should be measured about 1 hour after charging either by charger or alternator.

Drive it, they will clear.
Check the fuses.
A buddy of mine installed a dashcam and put the jumper fuses back into an empty slot in the fuse box. His dash was lit up like a Christmas tree.
I check the installation for him and put fuse back in correct slot
All back to normal.
A very simple mistake to make. Hope you get sorted.

Hi all,

I took my van out today, had the radio on for maybe 20 mins without the car running while stationary, it was also raining during this time.
When I went to restart the van , the orange Coil light came up, the start stop function stopped working ( engine will not cut out at traffic lights) and message saying Front assist unavailable and the little orange triangle light appeared

Any ideas , van is only a few months old so plenty of warranty

thanks

paolo

View attachment 100523

View attachment 100524
On my T5 if a wheel sensor goes haywire, then various lights come on and various things don't work, including the radio which powers on but is completely inoperable along with the entire entertainment system and nav.
I was surprised but when they fitted a new wheel sensor everything returned to normal
I'd get it plugged into diagnostics.

Ok so this should fix its self by driving ? Is there a way of using radio using the leisure battery ? Without having to run the engine?
thank you

paolo
I'm a bit outside this chat, as my Cali is a very basic 2008 T5! However, a few years ago I had to replace my radio, and the installers put a three-way switch inside the glovebox. It related to the new smart-radio system, and featured "OFF," "ENGINE BATTERY" and "LEISURE BATTERY" options. Very useful, when you're varying between driving and camping (with or without hookup). I would have thought modern models would have this option.

I'm a bit outside this chat, as my Cali is a very basic 2008 T5! However, a few years ago I had to replace my radio, and the installers put a three-way switch inside the glovebox. It related to the new smart-radio system, and featured "OFF," "ENGINE BATTERY" and "LEISURE BATTERY" options. Very useful, when you're varying between driving and camping (with or without hookup). I would have thought modern models would have this option.
Easily done with aftermarket radio systems , not so easy, if at all, with OEM systems as they are tied into the vehicle system for security etc.

Check the fuses.
A buddy of mine installed a dashcam and put the jumper fuses back into an empty slot in the fuse box. His dash was lit up like a Christmas tree.
I check the installation for him and put fuse back in correct slot
All back to normal.
A very simple mistake to make. Hope you get sorted.
I did take a fuse out and stupidly forgot which slot I took it out of. It’s one of two slots next to each other. I put it in one slot but still all glowing, if anyone has a beach t6.1 , no kitchen or anything like that and could take a photo of the fuse box next to the steering wheel I would be grateful.
thank you

Back