My first California

• Thread starter PC In the Cotswolds
  • Start date
PC In the Cotswolds

PC In the Cotswolds

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My first California, after having a panel van and a coach built, I'm so happy with our California, such an amazing drive, and so quiet.
I would really appreciate some guidance on seat covers (I have electric captain chairs), rear bumper protector and if I should splash out on LED head lights.
Thanks
Pete

Welcome to the forum.
I’d suggest a quick search as seat covers in particular are very common questions and there are some quite entrenched views, so it all rests on how you use your van and your budget.

Vanstyle do rear bumper protectors and led lights

Can recommend below, with the LED bulbs fitted:

I believe the LED bulbs are not road legal, but I imagine you also get very good performance using Philips RacingVision bulbs in their headlamps. I am considering this option to replace the pitiful H4s.

Retrofitting the original Transporter LED headlamps is very expensive… about £4k all in I think with the auto levelling.

My first California, after having a panel van and a coach built, I'm so happy with our California, such an amazing drive, and so quiet.
I would really appreciate some guidance on seat covers (I have electric captain chairs), rear bumper protector and if I should splash out on LED head lights.
Thanks
Pete
There are loads of options for seat covers. The genuine VW waterproof covers are very practical, but not the most elegant!

I had twin halogen headlights on my beach, H1 dipped and H1 main, far brighter than H4 standard

VW do a post market bumper cover in black plastic - which I wouldn’t recommend as it fades to a mid grey over the space of a couple of years.

I have fitted Inka waterproof covers this trip.

They are very practical and surprisingly comfortable to sit on.

Aesthetic is very much practical/commercial, as opposed to plush and homely.

I’ve gone full utilitarian for this jaunt - swapped cab carpets for VW rubber mats and removed living area carpets in favour of the stock plastic floor.

With the seat covers and lack of soft finishes, it’s worked loads better for me. Use case beach/surf wagon/family trips.