Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My new 96 Westy

Haves1979

Haves1979

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Bit of a belated intro as i have had the van a few months. Been hankering after a camper for years, initially an old splitty or t2 but decided to go for something more modern (albeit still old)! For my relatively small budget I did contemplate a T5 conversion but preferred the more solid oem feel of the westy. Bought a 96 2.4d pop top as I intend to also use in as our 2nd car. Specifically wanted the slightly later one as it had the twin rear three point belts for our two kids and for the gas hob.

Day to day it's been great, the lhd you get used to suprisingly quickly and the only issue i have is reverse parking as you can't see much from certain angles. We have only had one night away so far and it was great. A little cold in the pop top so going to invest in some of those insulated panels.

To date it's had a full service (which was over due) a new fuel filter and some new injector return pipes as they started leaking. I also bought some new mirrors (as they had been badly painted) and a jazzy cutlery tray divider from brick werks.

On the do do list is a suspension refresh, either merc pepper pots or alloys and possibly a new roof canvas. Debating on going back to black bumpers as I like the look of the one that was on eBay recently.. I need to fix the sunroof and the front heater blower doesn't work. Nothing major really.

Looking forward to getting away in it more!

20181103_100446.jpg

Better late than never...;)
Welcome on board , nice looking T4 !

Good man. Sweet looking unit. Tons of help here if needed. :cheers