Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nearly new Cali owner...but what model variant?

N

Nosha

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Consider me fairly new to owning a California, bought mine in January just in time for the new camping season, no wait, maybe later in the year! I previously had a Hymer and a motorhome but detested just leaving it on the drive and couldn't afford one with cruise. Am definitely a europhile and live close enough to the continent for it to be a day trip. Maybe in the autumn.

anyway, main reason for posting is I want to buy a bike rack and kinda like the Thule Wanderway. The advert says it is for the T6 or T6.1and tell the truth, i cannot for the life of me work out if I have a T5.1 or a T6. It is a 64 plate registered in 2015 so fairly close to the line. No joy from the V5 so i am throwing myself on the experts in the forum to help me out. I will try and post a picture..
thank you in advance. Stu.

T5.1 I expect without seeing photos - don’t think there were any T6s before 65 plate

Now i need to find a bike rack. My thanks to the dozens of posts in the forms to aid the search, shame, i liked the Thule Wanderway, but appears definitely not for the 5.1

Now i need to find a bike rack. My thanks to the dozens of posts in the forms to aid the search, shame, i liked the Thule Wanderway, but appears definitely not for the 5.1
The bike racks pop up now and again in the Accessories for sale
section on here.

I don't know much about that model of rack. From a quick Google it looks similar to VWs own model. Many here prefer towbar mounted racks, but for ones of the style you are looking at, have you considered the VW part? About £550 new if shopping around. Sometimes get one for about £400 2nd hand (one went on here today). If you get a 2nd hand one, demand is very high so it won't cost you anything should you choose to resell.
For one that's mounted to the tailgate, I've not heard many criticisms of it, other than price. It's the most sought after model for resale.

Edit, the one listed today is for the T6, but the T5 ones do crop up (and fit the T5 and your 5.1)

Many thanks, trying to get away next week, so after checking the sales on the accessories went for one on ebay, the fiamma pro. The plan is to keep the cali for at least 5 years plus, so resale is something for later. Next up, window bags....