Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nearside undertray (s)

boxerdog1

boxerdog1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just bought an ex demo 2019 Ocean 150ps tdi DSG 6 days ago and it has developed a knocking noise on the nearside under the front door area. On investigation this morning one of the plastic undertrays appears to be just hanging on by a single bolt on bottom of inner sill. The 2 other visible white plastic fixings which I would assume should also attach it to the vehicle are not doing so ! One is in inner sill just back from the single bolt where it should be holding tray in place but seems to have slipped through the locating hole in tray and the other is still attached to tray (although I can't actually see what it would attach to as there is nothing above it to locate it to! ) I also wonder if there should be another section of undertray further forward covering lots of stuff (see pics). I think that the 'dangling in the wind' tray still attached (only just) perhaps overlaps on to a currently completely missing tray onto which the second white fixing might attach. . Any chance of someone taking a couple of pics of their covers in order that I can try and sound sensible when I complain to dealer tomorrow on phone. I've attached a couple of images for ref. Sorry if I've not made total sense in my description of the problem and many thanks in anticipation of some assistance.

Last edited:
I'd get it back to the dealer and get them to reattach the tray. Probably worked loose while travelling and not properly mounted in the first place or they've had them off to inspect something.
It does look like there might be one missing, difficult to tell from the pics, last time I looked under ours most of the under side was covered.

Managed to have a look at a similar aged T6 today ... a quick glance underneath confirms that I am missing a complete cover and it would appear that this cover would have provided some support and structural integrity to the one behind it which was hanging on by a thread so to speak. Bit concerned about all the exposed 'gubbins' so I'll not be taking it very far on wet salted / muddy roads until I can get it in to a dealer after Xmas for corrective work .

Good that you've been able to check against another to see what's missing. Let's hope the dealer can sort quickly.

Yes you are missing the big tray plus (I guess) the small infill that goes around the forward jacking point.

If it's ex demo then I would hope the dealership would replace the missing bits. If this is your first Cali, have you downloaded the checklist from the forum to ensure nothing else is missing? There are so many bits and bobs that you should get with a new Cali that it's probably worth a check.

If it's ex demo then I would hope the dealership would replace the missing bits. If this is your first Cali, have you downloaded the checklist from the forum to ensure nothing else is missing? There are so many bits and bobs that you should get with a new Cali that it's probably worth a check.
Yes dealer most apologetic and is organising replacement parts to be fitted asap at a more local dealership (I'm 340 miles away ) . Have had a thorough check and all other parts are there - just didn't check underside on pick up !

Have also requested a full investigation as to how this would have been missed during the 100 odd point pre delivery inspection as I'm sure cover was missing on delivery as they don't usually just fall off and if it had I'm sure I would have heard it doing so ,

One of my Calis was missing the 'Ocean' logo transfer on the nearside! How did they miss that!

One of my Calis was missing the 'Ocean' logo transfer on the nearside! How did they miss that!

Can't believe it !! Your missing Ocean comment made me check the van earlier , and it's also missing an Ocean decal but in my case on the offside :oops: . So that's another item on the snagging list for dealer post Christmas .

When you queried this what was the outcome - I presume a second decal was supplied but did VW give any answer as to why it was missing ? Are they applied after import for example ? Reason I ask is I'm now concerned my van has had a paint repair and they forgot to finish job off with a replacement decal - although to be fair if it has had paintwork then it's a very good job.

They call it a 'mis-build'. Mine was definitely not because of paint work, I'm an ex car painter so I would like to think I'd have picked up on that. My dealer supplied a replacement without any fuss. I wonder how many other Cali's only have once sticker! I didn't even realise until I bought some more Cali's and had some to compare it with.

They call it a 'mis-build'. Mine was definitely not because of paint work, I'm an ex car painter so I would like to think I'd have picked up on that. My dealer supplied a replacement without any fuss. I wonder how many other Cali's only have once sticker! I didn't even realise until I bought some more Cali's and had some to compare it with.
Check they don’t have ‘transporter’ on the back :D

My off side Ocean decal was missing too.
I waited for its first service and mentioned this to the main dealer who was carrying out the work. I said I would purchase the decal but had to sit down when they told me it costs around sixty five pounds!!
As it should have been on from new, they supplied me the decal through the post and I fitted it myself at no cost. A very simple job.

My off side Ocean decal was missing too.
I waited for its first service and mentioned this to the main dealer who was carrying out the work. I said I would purchase the decal but had to sit down when they told me it costs around sixty five pounds!!
As it should have been on from new, they supplied me the decal through the post and I fitted it myself at no cost. A very simple job.
That's put my mind at rest a bit as I thought it might have been removed during a paint repair although paintwork if repaired looks as new. I'll get dealer to order one and send it on and I'll fit it myself.

Back