Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEC Motorhome and Camping show this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
How big was the bang ? Could Calikev hear it ?
I´m just trying to piece it together to find out what name is being hidden.
I do like a good quiz.

Sort of.......

But bare this in mind.
People come along and join on a daily basis.
Uninterested in past disputes I'd say.
But when strange things happen in front of their eyes because of those disputes it's only natural to be curious and confused, so thats why questions are asked by the new blood.
Now if the forum elders say .... 'ah none of your business' it's pretty dismissive of the new members curiosity.

So it's worth being careful. I think what ever happened doesn't need to be dragged back up and made public with each influx of new members but a little bit of sharing can go a log way.
Sounds to me like all that needs to be said is something like post number 14 but even better march on without feeling the need for such action.

Just my 2 penneth.

no one has said "none of your business". I explained briefly in post 14 what my understanding was. I said I would go back and ask more. I have done that. I have not been dismissive and neither has anyone else.

no one has said "none of your business". I explained briefly in post 14 what my understanding was. I said I would go back and ask more. I have done that. I have not been dismissive and neither has anyone else.
Yeah I got that and we are getting well off topic now.
But 'None of your business' was just a turn of phrase born out of reading things like....
things like best known to themselves and really no business of anyone else
and
I think their name is frowned upon by the forum management
and
Possibly the Moderators can ask for an explanation to be posted?

Now I don't have any issues with any of the 3 bits I have pinched from other posts and put in italics.
Far from it...I am just explaining where my turn of phrase came from.
It should be simple enough to see that new members reading these type of comments in succession may get the feeling that is the overarching message that we shouldn't be so nosey.

The latter 2 comments I understand were only pointing things out.

Frankly, for the record. I don't care what went on, nor am I trying to be disruptive, controversial nor am I looking for an argument with any individual.
But as paid up member full of enthusiasm I'm happy to voice opinions with a fresh pair of eyes. We all see things different based on what we know and in this case I get the 'none of your business' feeling.
It matters not, it's my choice to visit or leave at my own free will. Agree or disagree (which I only ever intend to be done in a civil manner).
I am myself a moderator on another forum out of loyalty. It's a burden that you take on because you are passionate about it. I have dealt with trolls, abusive posts, spam etc for years now.
I could easily of not bothered to say a thing about this 'editing.blocking' but I thought fresh eyes might help.

I went to the show yesterday. Mainly out of habit; I've been for the past few years, searching fruitlessly for a successor to my T25 Westy. Seeing the quality of many different conversions finally convinced me to order a new Cali.
Things I noticed this time:
in the caravan area - more salesmen than punters
no Marco Polo
no Westfalia T6
the Westy Joker in the classis display was not a true Joker

And I did find the 'hidden' Cali. So now I understand all the stuff about ancient spats.

It's crazy that there isn't a Westfalia T6 there or a Marco Polo - or a VW Cali (presented by VW) !!

You'd have thought between those three that would be a good proportion of the upper end of the market??

There was even a T6 Westfalia Club Joker at the Newark motorhome show on a stand, can't remember who's

I went to the show yesterday. Mainly out of habit; I've been for the past few years, searching fruitlessly for a successor to my T25 Westy. Seeing the quality of many different conversions finally convinced me to order a new Cali.
Things I noticed this time:
in the caravan area - more salesmen than punters
no Marco Polo
no Westfalia T6
the Westy Joker in the classis display was not a true Joker

And I did find the 'hidden' Cali. So now I understand all the stuff about ancient spats.

I can't get there this time but I do enjoy looking at the conversions, but that only takes me about an hour and after that there is not much to see.

Interesting on your comment re caravans. I suspect that industry is also suffering with future uncertainty over so many issues.

Re caravans - yes, and the need to take another test for anyone who is 37 or younger for B+E, just the prime age for having young children when historically families might have thought about cheaper family holiday prospects etc...

Re caravans - yes, and the need to take another test for anyone who is 37 or younger for B+E, just the prime age for having young children when historically families might have thought about cheaper family holiday prospects etc...

Ouch!

Having just seen a Bailey Unicorn pulled by something not much bigger than a ford focus weaving all over the road and driven by someone who from appearances was even older than me, surely the extra test should be at the other end of the age spectrum?

I have just bought a caravan and would have no problem with the principle of proving that I still have it all together to be competent enough to tow one.

I´ve got it. It was the anagram before the break.
catnap arms evict.

In fact,

As I have not towed a caravan for over 10 years I have quite voluntarily booked myself on a course with tonsure in Sheffield to freshen up and learn again. I would hate to have a caravan go across a motorway simply because of something I have long since forgotten to be aware of or forgot to do.

I´ve got it. It was the anagram before the break.
catnap arms evict.

Nope.

Try Cali Mats cheap..

It doesn't work but will you will deserve another glass of wine or beer for trying to make it do :shocked

It's crazy that there isn't a Westfalia T6 there
Did VW camper sales not have one? They have a big Westy stand with Westy staff in attendance from Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back