Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need help with wheel nuts please

B

Baylinerjersey

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all, at present I have 17” Devonports on my Vw California. Looking at the spare wheel nuts I have they are 33mm in length. I have managed to grab myself some 18” Palmerstons Replica‘s Not OEM

My question is would the 33mm length bolts work. The one on my now have some sort of washer at the top. I have attached a photo and a photo of the bolts I would like to get. I’m guessing theses would work? Would they need to be 33mm or 35mm

Seems like original bolts will only work with original vw alloys.

Any help would be amazing thanks in advance

Oem wheels have a tapered seat, whilst aftermarket wheels usually have a conical seat. The bolts seat must match the wheels seat.
Take your oem wheel off and place a standard bolt through it and measure how much thread comes out.
You need the same thread depth coming out of your aftermarket wheel but after taking into account depth of the wheel casting.

Oem wheels have a tapered seat, whilst aftermarket wheels usually have a conical seat. The bolts seat must match the wheels seat.
Take your oem wheel off and place a standard bolt through it and measure how much thread comes out.
You need the same thread depth coming out of your aftermarket wheel but after taking into account depth of the wheel casting.
Hi Nik. Ok so if I order the black conical ones they should be ok. I may order 33mm and 35mm to be on the safe side. Not sure I would need longer..

thank you

Hi Nik. Ok so if I order the black conical ones they should be ok. I may order 33mm and 35mm to be on the safe side. Not sure I would need longer..

thank you
Don’t think the black ones are any good for OEM wheels I’m afraid.

Stick with the bolts that hold your Devonports on and add black caps.

Just placed some blue tack in the hole of the wheels and it’s more radius I would say

8D54CBF4-B7F2-4FEA-B7A5-93A3E5BC503E.jpeg

These are replicas Vw but I think they have used the radius fitting for the wheels even though there after market

Ah sorry, missed that you had replicas. The non OEM wheels will be different for sure.

Ah sorry, missed that you had replicas. The non OEM wheels will be different for sure.
Ok looks like they use the same bolt fitting for this particular replica. Blue tack looks similar. Thanks for your help

paolo

Ok looks like they use the same bolt fitting for this particular replica. Blue tack looks similar. Thanks for your help

paolo
I would check with the supplier of the reps as most aftermarket alloys need non vw bolts, not something you want to risk getting wrong!

Back