Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel Nuts for winter wheels

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Quick question, my new Cali came with the standard 16" alloys - if fitting steel winter wheels do I need different wheel nuts/ bolts?
Thanks

Andy

Used the same ones on ours without any problems.
As far as I'm aware all the VW wheels have the same taper on the bolt seat, if the wheels aren't VW then it would need checking.

As above, if they are a VW wheel, they will be the same wheels nuts. If you have purchased a non VW wheel, they will usually supply different wheel nuts with them :thumb

Can I just check the conclusion of this short thread is still valid? Ie I can swap my vw alloys for vw steels for winter using the same wheel bolts? Thanks.

We have on ours for the last 4 winters ok.

If the supplied wheel nuts that came with standard alloys would not work on steel wheels you would be buggered if you had to put the steel spare on following a punture.

Quick question, my new Cali came with the standard 16" alloys - if fitting steel winter wheels do I need different wheel nuts/ bolts?
Thanks

Andy
I assume you have a spare wheel? This will be a 16" steel VW wheel? Do you have a spare set of bolts/nuts for when you have a puncture and need to replace an alloy with the steel spare? No? I didn't think so. This is your answer - use std VW steels and all will be fine.

thanks for your helpful reply - only 3 years after the question was asked!!!

I was just answering to the request for a conclusion........sorry tagged wrong person!