Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nespresso Coffee Machine

I have the Hario grinder, very good !

Used it a few times already and produces a very consistent grind for my use, mainly Aeropress.
Current favourite Brazil Fazenda.

...message ends...

I have one of these and I cannot get a decent coffee out of it. Looking online I may have a to fine a grind also filling it to full when using. I get grounds towards the end urgh.

Yesterday I ordered one of these, Hario manual https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001802PIQ/?tag=eliteelect-21

...message ends...

For Bistro Coffee its recommendable not to grind as much as to normal filter coffee. The grind must have a bit more structure. It gives a less bitter taste, and prevents getting grounds on the wrong side of the filter …

I have one of these and I cannot get a decent coffee out of it.

Ditto - it was always a faff with the Bodum cups - we have two - one appears to have a better seal than the other, but even with the good one you have to be very careful when putting the plunger in to avoid some grind getting on the top side. Also a PITA to clean :)

I have just gone back to an individual coffee dripper with nice fresh ground coffee and disposable filters.

Ditto - it was always a faff with the Bodum cups - we have two - one appears to have a better seal than the other, but even with the good one you have to be very careful when putting the plunger in to avoid some grind getting on the top side. Also a PITA to clean :)

I have just gone back to an individual coffee dripper with nice fresh ground coffee and disposable filters.
The advantage of the dripper is that it allows you to bin the grinds and not get them in the sink/waste tank.

The advantage of the dripper is that it allows you to bin the grinds and not get them in the sink/waste tank.
Might consider one of these. We use a cafetière but still get coffee everywhere.
Wish it did only go in the sink....
:headbang

Cotswold Outdoor have great bags which you fill with hot water. The coffee brews inside ( I like the Ethiopian blend) you get two big mugs out if it and I have a mini milk frother too. And all the mess is easily disposed of as you pour from the bag! Simples!

These are on special on John Lewis right now with £100 off the std RRP:-
http://www.johnlewis.com/nespresso-...y-de-longhi-silver/p1213143#tabinfo-spcl-offr

But before I take the plunge, will this work in the Cali without mains hook-up? I have a T6 Ocean...

If not, would be helpful to know which coffee machines work well, so I can make a latte on my travels :Stig
I have a Delonghi Lattissima that lives in Zulicampi. It requires electrical hookup (I don't know if the 12v thingie would take this, never brave enough to try it), but other than that, I wouldn't be without it. It travels on the bench seat and when we make camp under the awning and put up the privacy curtains, it sits on a table along with kettle and Teflon grill. Lovely!

This forum keeps making me spend money! :rolleyes:

Love Nespresso at home and have the Latissima+ or whatever it's called. Hadn't considered it practical for the Cali, until I just saw an Inissia machine at John Lewis on offer for £50 with 3 year guarantee, and you get £45 cash back on coffee orders which I'd be getting anyway over time, so net cost of a fiver - ordered!

Its nice and compact too and will fit neatly on the bottom shelf of the cupboard. :thumb

There's a special place in Hell for those who use coffee capsule machines for their coffee.

:Iamsorry

These are the job.....

bialetti-moka-express__23742_zoom.jpg

Very helpful comments everybody, I've just bought an aeropress with stainless steel filter. Thank you.

There's a special place in Hell for those who use coffee capsule machines for their coffee.
I think you are mistaken Jonathan - the nespresso capsules are aluminium and infinitely recyclable - I just get them collected each time a new batch is delivered and they get the grounds out for compost and melt the alu and start again

I think you are mistaken Jonathan - the nespresso capsules are aluminium and infinitely recyclable - I just get them collected each time a new batch is delivered and they get the grounds out for compost and melt the alu and start again

Thats why we have a special place in hell. Its not to hot, otherwise our capsules would melt ;-)

That said, i think Jonathan has a point. Many just throw the used capsules in the bin. I think I would be nice to be aware and recycle when you go along with Nespresso.

It's one of the reasons I went nespresso vs other plastic pod based systems

I set fire to one of them! When those plastic things go they really go :shocked

I use a cafetiere. I normally have Rwandan red bourbon as my coffee. Lovely. No problem with the grounds. It's what these are for (and other wet-waste). Bag and bin in the recycling.

Back