Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New adventures starting soon in Flanders...hello all.

CaliTraveller

CaliTraveller

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi everybody,

We recently decided our next year's holiday trip will be to Denmark. Until now, we were used to hotel accommodation, although I always liked the idea of traveling in a campervan some day.

Last week, a California 6.1 Ocean was on display at our neighbourhood VW dealer and I started wondering...spent some days nosing around on the internet and learned a lot from this community; eventually composed a nice package with the configurator on the VW website.

I dropped the subject of acquiring a Cali on Saturday and was very happy with the overwhelmingly positive response from wife & daughter, so I went back to the VW dealer on Tuesday with one clear purpose: I want one of these and I want it now!

I learned from the forum here that delivery times were rather long and I feared that I would not get the Cali in time for our holiday in July 2023. Fortunately, our local VW dealer had ordered 20 Cali's (+ another 20 for a different dealer in their group) over a year ago and these were delivered only 2 weeks ago and were nicely lined up on display...got a quote for a beautiful Indium Grey Ocean 150 kW DSG and went back yesterday and bought it :bananadance2

Basically, it's sitting there, ready to be collected, but we're picking it up in January so it's registered in 2023. Can't believe we'll be off in just a couple weeks from now!

Cali.png

Wow - that’s quick work! I’m sure that you will have no regrets and your family will think you’re a super cool dad !!

Hi everybody,

We recently decided our next year's holiday trip will be to Denmark. Until now, we were used to hotel accommodation, although I always liked the idea of traveling in a campervan some day.

Last week, a California 6.1 Ocean was on display at our neighbourhood VW dealer and I started wondering...spent some days nosing around on the internet and learned a lot from this community; eventually composed a nice package with the configurator on the VW website.

I dropped the subject of acquiring a Cali on Saturday and was very happy with the overwhelmingly positive response from wife & daughter, so I went back to the VW dealer on Tuesday with one clear purpose: I want one of these and I want it now!

I learned from the forum here that delivery times were rather long and I feared that I would not get the Cali in time for our holiday in July 2023. Fortunately, our local VW dealer had ordered 20 Cali's (+ another 20 for a different dealer in their group) over a year ago and these were delivered only 2 weeks ago and were nicely lined up on display...got a quote for a beautiful Indium Grey Ocean 150 kW DSG and went back yesterday and bought it :bananadance2

Basically, it's sitting there, ready to be collected, but we're picking it up in January so it's registered in 2023. Can't believe we'll be off in just a couple weeks from now!

View attachment 103140
Congrats. I love the spontaneity. My Coast Edition is at the supplying dealer in The Netherlands right now waiting for January and a 2023 first registration. I'll be collecting 2nd or 3rd week of Jan. Can't wait. Its been a LOOOONG one.

What is the point of having the vehicle delivered in 2023 instead of 2022? It will remain a 2022 model, right?

Hello and welcome. Beautiful van! Which retailer? W-Flanders?
You'll be a cool daddy, that's for sure. Our children only know a small campervan to travel (formerly T4 westfalia california and since half a year a T6.1 california coast). Now I also use the coast for daily use and on occasion I take classmates of the children to school excursions and they think that's great.
Denmark is nice. And flat. Oh, and there is Billund: for the lego. Kopenhagen is great doh! And Møns Klint.
Enjoy!

What is the point of having the vehicle delivered in 2023 instead of 2022? It will remain a 2022 model, right?
Nope, its a model year 2023 (MY23) even if delivered in late 2022. The MY changeover is usually in August/September. The first registration is a different matter at least in Germany and can have a significant impact should the vehicle be stolen or written off. A MY23 first registered in 2022 will have a lower value than the same vehicle with a 2023 registration. Obviously every country has its own way of doing things, but in Germany it made sense to wait a couple of weeks.

Hi everybody,

View attachment 103140
Beautiful van! Many congratulations!

Hello and welcome. Beautiful van! Which retailer? W-Flanders?
You'll be a cool daddy, that's for sure. Our children only know a small campervan to travel (formerly T4 westfalia california and since half a year a T6.1 california coast). Now I also use the coast for daily use and on occasion I take classmates of the children to school excursions and they think that's great.
Denmark is nice. And flat. Oh, and there is Billund: for the lego. Kopenhagen is great doh! And Møns Klint.
Enjoy!
Bought it at Jennes Aarschot.