Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Awning

headsuk

headsuk

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, we're expecting our new Ocean to arrive this week and hopefully pick up this weekend. We'd like to replace our Country Road awning with a new 'air' awning and this is our favourite at the moment. Anyone have any experience with it? Had an Outwell Air awning for last years road trip and unfortunately it went down every day and overnight, turns out it was faulty but Outwells customer service was horrendous so going to stay away from the Outwell Awnings. Heres the link to the one we fancy.
http://www.towsure.com/westfield-aquila-air-awning

Any advice would be welcome, Thanks!

At over 4m out from the van, you'd definately be needed to book C and CC jumbo pitches so as not fall foul of their spacing rules, I imagine.

At over 4m out from the van, you'd definately be needed to book C and CC jumbo pitches so as not fall foul of their spacing rules, I imagine.
Thanks for your reply, the actual awning is just over 3 metres, its the front porch which takes it to over 4 but we could peg that back as its only a side option. Probably use it more in Europe to house the kids so might be ok. Think its a new awning so taking a chance but German Origin so should be good.

Vango Kela does the same...?

Any feedback on the outwell california with air system?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

After intense research I seem to have opted for a vango galli... can someone send me a photo of the bag size... as I'm having difficulty finding it on the Web. .. thanks

This may seem like an odd question but do you think the Vango Gali could be used as a tent in it's own right? Not that we ever really want to camp without our Cali again but some friends are planing a birthday camping weekend in a farmers field and vans are not allowed... Just wondering if we could use this?

This may seem like an odd question but do you think the Vango Gali could be used as a tent in it's own right? Not that we ever really want to camp without our Cali again but some friends are planing a birthday camping weekend in a farmers field and vans are not allowed... Just wondering if we could use this?

Should anyone be interested in my slightly odd question above, I contacted Vango who confirmed that the Galli can be used as a standalone tent. Presumably most drive away awnings can.....

After intense research I seem to have opted for a vango galli... can someone send me a photo of the bag size... as I'm having difficulty finding it on the Web. .. thanks

image.png

Vango Kela does the same...?
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not keen on the front style of the Kela - the way the door slopes. I prefer the straight style door with the canopy. Fussy buggar i know but want to get it right as they're pricey.