Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach

Moresk

Moresk

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I collected my new Beach yesterday after what seemed like an awfully long wait...and I am so pleased with it. Its a 150 PS 6 speed manual in Acapulco Blue with 2 seat bench. Compared to my old T5 SE it drives like a dream without the accompanying rattles, squeaks and groans. First impressions of the T6 improvement is very good, and I am more than happy with the standard dash. I ordered the following extras: Aux heater with remote control, black awning, parking sensors, privacy glass, mudflaps, cruise control on stalk, detachable tow bar (mainly for bike rack) and folding mirrors. Very pleased all round and looking forward to first night out in the near future. One minor disappointment is the very restricted access to the jack, tools, first aid kit etc in the space above the left rear wheel arch. The access panel is difficult to remove as it is blocked by the leg of the multiplex board. Other than that ....perfect. I couldn't have got it so right without the helpful posts of all the other Beach owners, so a big thank you to you all.

I collected my new Beach yesterday after what seemed like an awfully long wait...and I am so pleased with it. Its a 150 PS 6 speed manual in Acapulco Blue with 2 seat bench. Compared to my old T5 SE it drives like a dream without the accompanying rattles, squeaks and groans. First impressions of the T6 improvement is very good, and I am more than happy with the standard dash. I ordered the following extras: Aux heater with remote control, black awning, parking sensors, privacy glass, mudflaps, cruise control on stalk, detachable tow bar (mainly for bike rack) and folding mirrors. Very pleased all round and looking forward to first night out in the near future. One minor disappointment is the very restricted access to the jack, tools, first aid kit etc in the space above the left rear wheel arch. The access panel is difficult to remove as it is blocked by the leg of the multiplex board. Other than that ....perfect. I couldn't have got it so right without the helpful posts of all the other Beach owners, so a big thank you to you all.
Nice one Moresk, any pics? Would love to see the 2 seater version compared to my 3 seater. Agree with the hatch at the rear and its pain to see the RCD too, but a small problem imo. Would be good to hear your opinion on how the bellows compares to the T5 as there has been some comments on here that it isn't up to scratch ie too much light not heavy weight enough etc. I think mine is fine but I also don't have anything to compare it to. Hope your good experiences with it continue! :thumb

Thanks Yorkdub. I haven't looked at the roof too closely but it seems fine to me and no different to the SE. I'll get some photos done when the weather calms down! I should add that I took out the two years/80000 mile extended warranty offer. At just under 400 pounds including vat it seemed like a no brainier. It's transferable too which is attractive and includes all the camping bits not just the vehicle. You have to take the option within 3 months of purchase so something to bear in mind.

Thanks Yorkdub. I haven't looked at the roof too closely but it seems fine to me and no different to the SE. I'll get some photos done when the weather calms down! I should add that I took out the two years/80000 mile extended warranty offer. At just under 400 pounds including vat it seemed like a no brainier. It's transferable too which is attractive and includes all the camping bits not just the vehicle. You have to take the option within 3 months of purchase so something to bear in mind.
Cheers Moresk always good to have some experienced opinions! I'm going in to the dealers next week to sign up for the same deal along with a replacement for a broken retainer on the roof lining fitting, I posted some pics in this thread https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-roof-fabric.13086/page-2
Not 100 % sure what it caught on but it can't have been pushed in all the way. Might be worth checking yours when you get the roof up?

Back