Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Bellows

My issue is the new bellows are all leaking.does anyone have experience with invisible repairers. Like they can with clothes?
When we had our new bellows fitted ( end of 2022) I gave it a thorough testing with spraying a shower head hose all over for a decent length of time.
Couldn’t find any leaks at all. This is a single skin bellows with the panoramic front. I always carry a can of waterproofer Just in case…

So I've snipped my bellows with the scissors. Even with the roof bungee on. No idea when. I'll repair it for now. Is it true that all the t6 ones are discontinued? If I had a replacement I would need to sit in the van with a brolly up from what I'm hearing. I would have liked a new set fitting. Maybe in dark blue. Not arsed about that big front opening.
I've never had the full front open to the sky. But - we did find it useful to have the front zipped almost fully open with a topper in place when parked up on site on hot summer days. The topper covers the open front so outwardly it looks sealed, but provides good ventilation. Just zip it up before mosquito o'clock.

Sorry to hear about mis-hap. We've had a few near misses. Ownership is more stressful than anticipated. (I'm still in post-door-ding rage).

I've never had the full front open to the sky. But - we did find it useful to have the front zipped almost fully open with a topper in place when parked up on site on hot summer days. The topper covers the open front so outwardly it looks sealed, but provides good ventilation. Just zip it up before mosquito o'clock.

Sorry to hear about mis-hap. We've had a few near misses. Ownership is more stressful than anticipated. (I'm still in post-door-ding rage).
I’ve found ALL the nice places are Mosquito o’clock. And no matter what you smother yourself with or what you spray the inside of the van with the little buggers always enjoy their nightly feast off the both of us.

I’ve found ALL the nice places are Mosquito o’clock. And no matter what you smother yourself with or what you spray the inside of the van with the little buggers always enjoy their nightly feast off the both of us.
Autan :thumb

So I've snipped my bellows with the scissors. Even with the roof bungee on. No idea when. I'll repair it for now. Is it true that all the t6 ones are discontinued? If I had a replacement I would need to sit in the van with a brolly up from what I'm hearing. I would have liked a new set fitting. Maybe in dark blue. Not arsed about that big front opening.

Oh dear sorry to hear that. I know someone that just had a new canvas fitted to a 10 year old SE and VW Poole fitted the new (leaky) canvas with the white internal lining, so my guess is that the part numbers given in my post #4 above have been superseded.

Hope you get it sorted.

Oh dear sorry to hear that. I know someone that just had a new canvas fitted to a 10 year old SE and VW Poole fitted the new (leaky) canvas with the white internal lining, so my guess is that the part numbers given in my post #4 above have been superseded.

Hope you get it sorted.
Thanks for confirming my fears. Tear aid it is.

Thanks for confirming my fears. Tear aid it is.
I think I might have some at home @flying banana , I used a little bit on my T5.1 SE.
Will check tomorrow when I’m home, but if you can wait til Busfest you’re welcome to have what you need (assuming I’ve still got it!).

I think I might have some at home @flying banana , I used a little bit on my T5.1 SE.
Will check tomorrow when I’m home, but if you can wait til Busfest you’re welcome to have what you need (assuming I’ve still got it!).
Yes. Nice 1. The rip is behind the reinforcing strip so it isn't leaking. My biggest issue is trying to manage the lack of Morecombes I fetched.

Yes. Nice 1. The rip is behind the reinforcing strip so it isn't leaking. My biggest issue is trying to manage the lack of Morecombes I fetched.
Well I won’t be helping you with that issue I’m afraid!

If you manage to catch the bellows in the scissor mechanism then there is also a good possibility the roof could have a kink in it. Mine had a nasty one on both sides which needed the whole roof to come off the dents planished out and be completely resprayed. Because the roof is aluminium there is very little give in it when material gets trapped therefore very very costly repair.

If you manage to catch the bellows in the scissor mechanism then there is also a good possibility the roof could have a kink in it. Mine had a nasty one on both sides which needed the whole roof to come off the dents planished out and be completely resprayed. Because the roof is aluminium there is very little give in it when material gets trapped therefore very very costly repair.
The roof was kinked when I bought it. I just live with it. Not sure if it's got a worse kink in it now or not. Looks the same to me