Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Boy

Barnress

Barnress

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, I have recently joined the California Club I have purchased a 2016 Califonia Ocean T6 204 Auto, I have a problem with the Climate Control the driver's side is blowing cold even when the temperature is set to high C, has anyone else had this problem?

Barn

:welcome
There has been similar problems posted in the past, maybe
post a new thread in general chat or the aircon section if there is one.

Hi, I have recently joined the California Club I have purchased a 2016 Califonia Ocean T6 204 Auto, I have a problem with the Climate Control the driver's side is blowing cold even when the temperature is set to high C, has anyone else had this problem?

Barn
Hi, welcome. There are a few threads on this type of problem but the answer may depend on the type of air con and the exact problem. In my case it was climatronic constantly blowing cold in the passenger footwell regardless of temp setting , unless the dial was set to “high”, when it would blow warm. The cause was a failed sensor inside the duct in the footwell which I was able to replace easily.

81E7AA3C-97E1-4A7E-92DC-E9D90FDA7A77.jpeg

Mine would blow cold and then hot on the drivers side on around a 20 min cycle when I was driving long distances - I drove in long sleeves even in mid summer as it became uncomfortable.
Also later discovered the passenger side was blowing hot when external temps were high. Reported under warranty Q3 last year but of course they couldn’t replicate as external temps dropped...
(2016 T6 Ocean, 4Motion 204 DSG).

Mine would blow cold and then hot on the drivers side on around a 20 min cycle when I was driving long distances - I drove in long sleeves even in mid summer as it became uncomfortable.
Also later discovered the passenger side was blowing hot when external temps were high. Reported under warranty Q3 last year but of course they couldn’t replicate as external temps dropped...
Ha ha ha..............a variant of the "wrong snow on the line" excuse, methinks!

Hi, welcome. There are a few threads on this type of problem but the answer may depend on the type of air con and the exact problem. In my case it was climatronic constantly blowing cold in the passenger footwell regardless of temp setting , unless the dial was set to “high”, when it would blow warm. The cause was a failed sensor inside the duct in the footwell which I was able to replace easily.

View attachment 69310
Thanks for that it looks like a simple cure, hopefully.

Thanks, I have the Van booked in for assessment on Monday and hoping it can be done under the purchase warranty.

:welcome Barnress

Let’s see it, photos are obligatory ! :thumb

• Agree
Reactions: Sad