Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali in a few weeks!

siggsy

siggsy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So Im new to all this. Never owned a Camper let alone a Cali. But decided on buying a new / nearly new Cali in a few weeks. There are some good deals out there atm as a pre reg 69 plate with 10 miles on the clock is currently at £42,990. Prior to this a 6-12 month old ex demo was nearly the same price! But it seems as though the Beach may longer be made next year and VW are trying to get rid of the ones already built….. So much to get though to go camping next year with 2 boys aged 3 and 4. Upper insulator, bike rack, bed topper for downstairs, all the camping gear. never ending. But won't be forking out for everything until we realise what is essential. First purchase will be a full on bike rack. Ideally would love a parking heater or one fitted, but may just settle for the insulation up top and a plug in heater for when wired up

So Im new to all this. Never owned a Camper let alone a Cali. But decided on buying a new / nearly new Cali in a few weeks. There are some good deals out there atm as a pre reg 69 plate with 10 miles on the clock is currently at £42,990. Prior to this a 6-12 month old ex demo was nearly the same price! But it seems as though the Beach may longer be made next year and VW are trying to get rid of the ones already built….. So much to get though to go camping next year with 2 boys aged 3 and 4. Upper insulator, bike rack, bed topper for downstairs, all the camping gear. never ending. But won't be forking out for everything until we realise what is essential. First purchase will be a full on bike rack. Ideally would love a parking heater or one fitted, but may just settle for the insulation up top and a plug in heater for when wired up
Welcome.

If you can find a Beach with the factory parking heater then you will have the very best option there is on a camper van or any other vehicle for that matter. I cannot stress highly enough how this option will transform your van into a 365 day a year camper. Also, one press on the remote control whilst you are all having your breakfast and by the time you are ready to use it you will find it defrosted and toasty warm. Ideal for the school run. It also works if you are returning from a cold walk and the Cali is still some way off. I'd rather do without wheels than not have the parking heater.

The next thing to look at is upstairs insulation. If you intend to use it all year round this insulation will make your van very cosy. There are two types 1. External and 2. Internal. Which ever you chose will make your van much nicer in the colder months.

Good luck with your adventures.

Thanks for the welcome and advice. Your right about the parking heater. Unfortunately most Cali beach's that are less than 12 months old don't have this optional extra as the owners aren't selling them. All the ex demo's and pre reg are the standard Beach without any/many extras. Ive seen a company in West Yorks called Exploria who can fir the Webasto Airtop 2000 for about a grand plus vat, and a 7 day timer and even a app for the iPhone if required. All this would get close to being £2k though. I think I would try a spring weekend camping with the family first and see what I might need before splashing out on everything first. may just need the heater, or may just need the internal insulation. probably wont need both as wont be taking the youg boys camping outside spring and summer

Thanks for the welcome and advice. Your right about the parking heater. Unfortunately most Cali beach's that are less than 12 months old don't have this optional extra as the owners aren't selling them. All the ex demo's and pre reg are the standard Beach without any/many extras. Ive seen a company in West Yorks called Exploria who can fir the Webasto Airtop 2000 for about a grand plus vat, and a 7 day timer and even a app for the iPhone if required. All this would get close to being £2k though. I think I would try a spring weekend camping with the family first and see what I might need before splashing out on everything first. may just need the heater, or may just need the internal insulation. probably wont need both as wont be taking the youg boys camping outside spring and summer
I understand. However should you decide that you really want the heater, try SMG at Tonbridge. I'm pretty certain they have at least one new Beach with the parking heater option. Ask for Laine Watts. He's a nice chap and very knowledgeable. You should get at least 12% discount.

I was told recently that the reason why there are so many standard Beaches is that VW UK staff are allowed to have them.

Good luck.

I looked at exploria for a conversion they are good but very very expensive ..
Try someone called planair pete ??
I have seen some good reviews About him

I think Breeze Poole have a lot of Beaches on their stock list. Have you tried them? I'm sure they'd have some with the parking heater.