Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Owner Saying Hi

AgentSmith

VIP Member
Just wanted to say Hi. My wife and I recently bought an 08, 180bhp Cali and am utterly delighted.

I've been following the forum for a couple of months and have to say it's the friendliest, least cynical place on the web.

I hope you all enjoy your Cali's as much as we do. Maybe we'll see a few of you at the festivals this summer :thumb

Rob

Welcome to the forum guys :thumb :thumb :thumb

i agree i have been a member of the t25 forum the early bay forum and splittie forum and this the cali forum is the friendliest of them all and nothing is laughed at or picked at that you ask on here :thumb

Welcome :thumb

We'll have to work harder on the cynicism though :laugh2

Good choice Rob ...blue 08 I have had my cali 7 months now and it just gets better and better. Enjoy Malc

Thanks for all your replies. It just demonstrates what a lovely, friendly place this is. :thanks

We're based in Greenwich, which makes the drive West to surf beaches hard work. We're about to take Kite surf lessons so we have something closer to home. We love the Cali and would spend every week(end) away if we could.

Yes, AgentSmith is from the Matrix - I bought the domain name a few years ago to host my personal email and have used it as a username since then. :D

Happy camping. I'm sure we'll come to a meet soon, hope to see some of you there. :thumb

Welcome!

One geek question though; the 180 versions are 10 plate or later. Is yours a 174?

Hi, just bought my 4motion from the site and am over the moon with it.

The previous owner had only camped in it for one night, never even having opened the awning. Fabulous condition and I am very excited to start filling it with all my bits and bobs.

Just about to sell my car,which goes next week, so the driveway is looking a bit like an NCP car park.

We are now a completely VW family as husband has a Tourag and I have just bought the new beetle as my main car. Beautiful pale blue with glass sunroof.

I've been a VW fan and owner for longer than I care to remember, having had an 'old' beetle for 25 years and a T2 camper.

But times change (and backs start aching) and am really pleased with what I have now.

Have had a lot of support from this forum and am looking forward to keeping in touch and continuing to get the benefit of your experiences.

jeannie

Big Dub fans here too - dad's has stacks (including the 7th mk1 GTi in the UK) and currently has a T25, I've had three Golfs (mk2 Gti, mk3 GTi 16v, mk4 R32), my sisters both have Golfs, etc,etc!

Great vehicles although our current motorway mile muncher is a BMW ( :eek: )

Touraeg are great too - considered one many times.

Does your Beetle have those VERY cool retro wheels fitted? They look flipping fantastic! A return to form from VW after the slightly disappointing first "new" Beetle.