Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner questions

R

Richiesue

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
my wife and I recently became proud owners of a California Ocean, 2 months old, after hiring one for 5 days. We are absolutely delighted with it and look forward to many adventures. However we have two burning questions, firstly for those who sleep in the roof, do you have your head at the front or the back? Secondly, how long can I expect the leisure battery to last without electric hook up or further travel, in the summer.
Thanks Richard

Head is towards the front of the vehicle, the highest point. Tip: Stuff a pillow or cushion under the mattress to raise it slightly up at the head point and it stops the pillows sliding off into the black hole below:

Leisure battery is entirely down to consumption. We have just recently had a thread open on the and the consensus was that with frugal use of everything else then the batteries should keep the fridge going for around 5 days depending again on just what you want, in that case, how cold.

we pull out the roof cover slightly to stop pillows falling off, you just have to make sure you push it back in again before you climb down. :thefinger

:welcome

Re sleeping the roof, I normally sleep with my head the narrow end because It’s easier to get in and out. However, it can get a bit stuffy down there so if it’s warm so I usually end up turning round!

The management sleeps with her head at the wide end as she has claustropobia :mute

Head is towards the front of the vehicle, the highest point. Tip: Stuff a pillow or cushion under the mattress to raise it slightly up at the head point and it stops the pillows sliding off into the black hole below:

Leisure battery is entirely down to consumption. We have just recently had a thread open on the and the consensus was that with frugal use of everything else then the batteries should keep the fridge going for around 5 days depending again on just what you want, in that case, how cold.

Many thanks, we have always slept with heads at the back, but may give your suggestion a try. Regarding battery life, I guess the central monitor should keep me informed of battery life, but 5 days should be more than enough.

:welcome

Re sleeping the roof, I normally sleep with my head the narrow end because It’s easier to get in and out. However, it can get a bit stuffy down there so if it’s warm so I usually end up turning round!

The management sleeps with her head at the wide end as she has claustropobia :mute
That sounds like an interesting arrangement!

Welcome Richiesue

We also sleep with our heads next to the opening. Where are you heading in summer? I guess it also depends re fridge where and how long you are staying (warm/cold/sun/shade).
Happy camping!

Welcome Richiesue

We also sleep with our heads next to the opening. Where are you heading in summer? I guess it also depends re fridge where and how long you are staying (warm/cold/sun/shade).
Happy camping!
Many thanks

Helpful thanks
We've always slept with head at narrow end, I think it's easier to get out, quieter and darker....
The joy of the fresh air coming through the mesh windows on a hot night cannot be beaten, a friends conversion has fixed clear plastic windows and a rubbish bed, should have bought a Cali.

Back