Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner to be - hi there

C

chris151151

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hello there. Just ordered a new Coast for delivery in a few months. I live in each Cambs. I'm hoping to get advice from experienced owners. I've had a campervan before Lunar 58, too big and lumbering. Thanks.

Hi there and welcome, I'm a newbie too waiting for my new Coast to arrive next Feb, can't wait what spec and colour did you go for on your Coast ? We are getting Starlight blue, 17 inch wheels, 80 litre
Tank, mudflaps, rear view camera and a 'wooden' floor

:welcome I think our next Cali will be a Coast and would spec 17 inch wheels, fog lights, comfort mattress, privacy glass and panoramic roof canvas which will just about be the spec of our T6 Ocean minus the electric roof.

Hi there and welcome, I'm a newbie too waiting for my new Coast to arrive next Feb, can't wait what spec and colour did you go for on your Coast ? We are getting Starlight blue, 17 inch wheels, 80 litre
I'm not sure about the wooden floor option as one of the first buys will be a mat/rug to cover it.

Possibly any long term wooden floored Cali Owners can give the pro's and con's of it.

Hi Chris,
Might be best to change your location to just your county rather than full postcode.

Ascot Grey (I'm a cheapskate who likes to blend in) rev camera, window to awning, bed extension.

I'm not sure about the wooden floor option as one of the first buys will be a mat/rug to cover it.

Possibly any long term wooden floored Cali Owners can give the pro's and con's of it.
I just loved the wooden floor look so went for it, I like the way it's in the boot as well (or at least I think it is) not a lot coming up on searches on it either.
Note you didn't mention panoramic view in pop up, loads to people seem to be going for that , I'm not bothered about it but wondering whether I should be in case I ever want to sell it on

I just loved the wooden floor look so went for it, I like the way it's in the boot as well (or at least I think it is) not a lot coming up on searches on it either.
Note you didn't mention panoramic view in pop up, loads to people seem to be going for that , I'm not bothered about it but wondering whether I should be in case I ever want to sell it on
Getting my threads mixed up about panoramic view :talktothehand

Ah right I didn't spec this.. now wondering if I should have !
It makes a world of difference to the inside of the van on a sunny day also great for sitting on the top bed looking out.

We were in the Italian lakes late September 2019, I slept upstairs with the canvas open and it was great to wake up looking at lake Como.

If you have only recently ordered you may be able to amend your order if it's something you now want.

Yes the oak floor is in the boot space as well - Ive gone for that option too - if you go onto youtube & search on California Coast there are a few foreign videos that show this option & I think it looks great .

Morning, I’m a (hopefully) to be a new owner with a Candy White Ocean on order with a couple of extras. I say hopefully as seem to have ordered 3 weeks ago just as RDE2 and the ‘B’ word could heavily influence what happens. Never seem to have much luck with VAG vehicles as I had an Audi convertible on order in January 2003 and lost the whole (fantastic) summer to a late September delivery and then over 3 years ago ordered a petrol Tiguan just as diesel seemed to become public enemy that took over a year to come! So apologies to those out there with delays now - it’s my fault for having an interest in a California!! Loving this forum though.