Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soon to be 6.1 cali owner

O

oliver100

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello all, having looked into cali's for about 6 months we have finally committed to a new white t6.1 ocean with a comfort mattress and order via autoebid (VW Liverpool).

We initially set out looking for a two seater rear bench beach but quickly realised a beach with the spec we wanted (auxiliary heater, dsg, tinted windows, preferably LED's) made no financial sense and we may as well spec a new coast with the discount / dealer contributions / servicing offers VW currently have.

Fast forward a few months and we ordered a white Cali coast last week with privacy glass, reversing camera, comfort mattress and interior lighting concept. This was great until I realised that I really didn't want to live without LED's which I have on my current car and for me that then put the coast too close to the cost of an ocean which has quite a few more options as standard, so we took the plunge and went with an ocean instead! Very excited although equally terrified by the amount of money these things cost but with two kids at 5 and 2 we are looking forward to lots of fun over the next few years and as my son does BMX racing it will be a daily vehicle, race van and campervan all in one :D

Hello all, having looked into cali's for about 6 months we have finally committed to a new white t6.1 ocean with a comfort mattress and order via autoebid (VW Liverpool).

We initially set out looking for a two seater rear bench beach but quickly realised a beach with the spec we wanted (auxiliary heater, dsg, tinted windows, preferably LED's) made no financial sense and we may as well spec a new coast with the discount / dealer contributions / servicing offers VW currently have.

Fast forward a few months and we ordered a white Cali coast last week with privacy glass, reversing camera, comfort mattress and interior lighting concept. This was great until I realised that I really didn't want to live without LED's which I have on my current car and for me that then put the coast too close to the cost of an ocean which has quite a few more options as standard, so we took the plunge and went with an ocean instead! Very excited although equally terrified by the amount of money these things cost but with two kids at 5 and 2 we are looking forward to lots of fun over the next few years and as my son does BMX racing it will be a daily vehicle, race van and campervan all in one :D
Welcome along and your van sounds great! We collect our T6.1 in early March.

Have you considered adding a tow bar so you can have a tow bar mounted bike rack for your son's BMX?

LOL Sounds like youve been through it all! a few nights sleep lost by any chance? :D

Welcome onboard the Cali-train!

...and now the wait. We can play trumps with what build weeks we have! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, tow hitch is a good shout although I think we are going to go for a fixed bike rack on the rear as some weeks we almost use it daily so its nice to not have to mess around removing it.

We have only been actively looking since January, but its fair to say I have probably considered every permutation of each model old and new before getting to this point! You are correct though this week has had a few sleepless nights and a lot of time with a calculator figuring out the best option for us.

Sounds like there are a few of us who will have an fun summer with new vans, did someone order the sun?

Welcome aboard!
Another 6.1 Ocean here. Picked up ours just over a week ago. Fabulous bit of kit and worth the sleepless nights and calculations.
I built so many spreadsheets working out the costing and options. Drove me potty :D
We didn't need a tow hitch but went for the prep option in case we want a removable one in the future.
Keep us posted on progress.

Welcome, plenty to read on here whilst you wait for delivery. Exciting times ahead. Looking forward to seeing some pics in due course...

Brilliant sounds like a standard procedure, ha ha.
u start off with a budget your happy with,then before you know it you blew it and way over what you was looking to spend, but I’m sure you won’t regret it ..
it’s brand new fresh out the box it’s a good feeling..
Love the bmxs It was my life when I was a kid..the kids will love It great race van for there hobby enjoy