Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali

MKRW

MKRW

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All,

I waited to have my Cali before re-introducing myself. I'm mark and we've dreamt of owning a VW Camper for 20 years, so long waits finally over.

Its arrived 180 Manual, with lots of extra's including the 5th seat and bike rack. Room for all 5 of use. Son's 9, 6 and 5 weeks!

Middle Son 6 came home and hugged the van (so nice hand prints on the front!). Not looking forward to dog's (Rosie's) muddy paws.

We so want to get out in it but it's pouring with rain outside so its going to have to wait. Mothers day tomorrow so possibly a quick (wet trip) down to the coast.

First major trip will be down to Cornwall over Easter weekend, so hoping for Clear sky's and perfect surf.

Mark

Welcome mark.
Who's a happy bunny then . Enjoy your new Cali. Oh and don't forget to let us know what you get up to
And how your day goes tomorrow :thumb :thumb

Wahey Mark. Exciting times ahead. I wouldn't worry about the hand prints on the front, someone here will sort you out on the best wash techniques.

Happy days ahead.

Iain

Excellent day yesterday and today, exploring the new Cali.

We did not make it to the beach, but instead, went and explored the Top of Box hill, for Coffee and Hot Chocolate.
What a Superb morning, The Cali made short work of getting up the S bends and is an absolute joy to drive. My wife K also did not feel sick in the back and that's a first!

More muddy boots and shoes in it though, I think I am going to have to come to terms with a muddy van :roll:

A few interesting observations:

I found 2 rubbber bungs in the boot area. I seem to remember some discussion on where these came from, and will dig through the older posts.

I should have read the small print, as I drove yesterday with the rear bed portion propped up, and it fell off its fixing. :eek:ops (I read the sticker on it today saying to only drive with it flat).

The Cali was a magnet, we parked to give a good view went for a walk and found a van either side of us when we returned with a school group of 40 teenagers getting ready for a hike next to it. :doh
Although it allowed my wife to feed the baby in a little piece with the privacy glass.

I now know why so much discussion on additional options:
We decided we need -
Carpets, to offer some additional protection.
Towels, to dry dog and children.
Spare clothes for children.
My wifes' decided she'll pack slippers so no need to wear muddy boots in the cali.
Some sort of storage for the boot for the muddy shoes / boots.
A Ladder!

I also need some protection for the 5th seat. I've got seat covers for the rest, which worked really well, but the 5th seat has a seat belt built in and I can not see these sold separately anywhere.. any ideas?
Also if anyone has the 5th seat is it possible to raise the side table, I was told by one dealer I saw that it was possible. But there is not enough clearance?

Thanks
Mark

They are just fab we have a black one with the bike carrier on the back, we also put a bonnet bra(protector) on ours to stop stones chipping the bonnet I was a bit dubious about it but it looks good. Don't know bout you but I get quite choosey where I park it too incase anybody scratches it. Have you named it?? Ours is Boston.:))

My wife has named ours Bessie the bus.

She went on holiday skiing to New Zealand in 2000 and camped in Bernard, so decided ours also needed a name. We'll see once we use her if the name sticks.