Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California control module

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
With my 2008 control module LCD screen almost completely blank I finally bought a new one from Germany.
I had managed to remember the sequence of button presses to open and close the roof but this was getting ridiculous.
I couldn’t find one on eBay or anywhere so eventually bought one fromhttps://www.bus-ok.de/T5-California-display-and-control-panel-with-timer-orig-VW-OEM-partnr-7E7906453-C. This was v expensive but we’ve owned our Cali for 11 years and so I tend to divide costs by 11 in my head. The California Club YouTube video made it very easy to fit, so saved money there I told myself. It was also set to German language when I powered it up but that was easy to change thankfully.
D64868F3-88B2-4BDE-98F0-8844F1688D05.jpegD28EAC0F-627C-4AD5-8C0E-782491BEB889.jpegD45E3473-C935-45B4-9FCE-17D4FBA41357.jpeg

Kuhlbox, I like it!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I've just seen the price - ouch!
I know! In 11 yrs I’ve had to spend £500 three times. Not really too bad!!?? And one of those was replacing our 8yr old tyres. The other time was letting a dealer fit a £35 fresh water pump. I’d do that myself next time.

Kuhlbox, I like it!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes my wife wanted me to leave it in German. Thought it was cool or Kühl!
I had fixed it before I read her message and was too pleased with myself to switch it back. We are quarantining after France trip so I’m loving doing things on the Cali to keep me sane.

Good afternoon,

Funny, I saw the the Camper Control Module for the T6 on that web page just this week. I was wondering also why it was so expensive. I never thought that there is so much electronic build into the device.

Following this train of thoughts, I am wondering how much the Camper Control Module for the T6.1 will be in 4 years? :shocked

Happy California,
Eberhard

Yes my wife wanted me to leave it in German. Thought it was cool or Kühl!
I had fixed it before I read her message and was too pleased with myself to switch it back. We are quarantining after France trip so I’m loving doing things on the Cali to keep me sane.
Probably could have had your old one repaired for about £150. Details via Forum Search.

Probably could have had your old one repaired for about £150. Details via Forum Search.
Yes, but they seem to last about 4 yrs. From what I can tell this new one has a different and hopefully better screen. I presume they changed the design because they were aware of the fault. That might be wishful thinking. I considered repairing it myself but don’t mind spending money on the Cali.

I bought a second hand one, but the later model, the one that blacks out completely.
I repaired the broken turning knob on my unit, and sold it to someone with the blue display that was unreadable like the one of the OP.

Can't tell I didn't make some amount of money out of it... :thumb

If anyone wants my old module, you’re welcome to it if you can collect from S London. Subject to restrictions obs. It’s from a 2008 T5.
852762D5-7C08-4BDC-8700-6565317ACAE2.jpegB41DEA27-2CAF-4524-B9CF-447554B7B0BC.jpeg

If anyone wants my old module, you’re welcome to it if you can collect from S London. Subject to restrictions obs. It’s from a 2008 T5.
View attachment 73705View attachment 73706
Is this still available? I sent mine to get repaired but it seems to be caught up in customs in Netherlands so I’m just needing something to get me through my trip to Devon leaving next weekend. I have a feeling I’m not getting it back in time

Is this still available? I sent mine to get repaired but it seems to be caught up in customs in Netherlands so I’m just needing something to get me through my trip to Devon leaving next weekend. I have a feeling I’m not getting it back in time
I still have it but it is pretty useless unless repaired. The screen had about 3 surviving lcd lines. I could only raise and lower the roof as I could remember how many button presses and knob turns it was!
Hence finally coughing up 500 euro for replacement.

I still have it but it is pretty useless unless repaired. The screen had about 3 surviving lcd lines. I could only raise and lower the roof as I could remember how many button presses and knob turns it was!

Hi
Give me a ring/text/WhatsApp if you have a chance about the control unit. My holiday is toast without one! Just getting roof up and pressing fridge button to turn fridge on is all I need

I can’t seem to DM you despite both being VIP

Jesse
zero seven five nine zero four four two six eight eight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi please let me know if you see this message. I've tried to buy one on bus-ok.de but maybe due to Brexit they stopped shipping to GB? I've sent them a contact form asking what's going on with that.

1626511859857.png

Incidentally, Pick up in Willich (just outside Dusseldorf) would be £568 in total including a flight which is cheaper than paying this club the absurd £999 asking price. Not exactly carbon friendly. What the actual F*** VWCC??
1626511748738.png

Hi please let me know if you see this message. I've tried to buy one on bus-ok.de but maybe due to Brexit they stopped shipping to GB? I've sent them a contact form asking what's going on with that.

View attachment 81605

Incidentally, Pick up in Willich (just outside Dusseldorf) would be £568 in total including a flight which is cheaper than paying this club the absurd £999 asking price. Not exactly carbon friendly. What the actual F*** VWCC??
View attachment 81604
+ import taxes and UK VAT.

View attachment 81605

View attachment 81604
Hi I’ve seen it. Maybe start a thread asking /pleading for someone to lend you one.
You can borrow ours but as I say it’s pretty poor but I suppose is better than nothing.

View attachment 81605

View attachment 81604
I could post to Newcastle but as I say this is the screen.
8F2D7C07-6585-4B09-A4A5-307476B665B2.jpeg

Back