Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New ferry route Netherlands to Norway

we used the service when it first started in April this year,the cabins I thought were fine certainly better than sleeping in the van!,good smooth crossing with good entertainment and food/drink on offer I would do it again !

Thanks kurienp for the tips about camping and thanks subthree for reassurance about the ferries. Holland Norway cabin does look a bit old school!

An update on the Holland Norway Lines ferry to Kristiansand: sailings this spring (starting mid-April) will depart from Cuxhaven in Germany instead of Eemshaven. From June onwards departure port will be Emden, also in Germany but closer by. Cuxhaven is almost 2 hours extra driving, Emden about 45 minutes.

German news sites report that HNL aim to return to Eemshaven in 2024. I'm guessing a lot depends on the financial situation: they have obtained a lease on the land for a dedicated quay in Eemshaven, but have yet to start building the actual quay. The quay that they have been using temporarily, is now needed for handling offshore wind farm components.

A sad update to this thread today: no more Holland Norway Lines ferry from Emden to Kristiansand it seems. Today Holland Norway Lines applied for suspension of payments from the court and sailings have been halted, 'pending further developments'. A shame, really, as the line is a nice option to have. I used it twice, and last summer I saw many Californias on board.

Press release and (rather depressing) FAQ at https://hollandnorwaylines.com/

Last edited:
A sad update to this thread today: no more Holland Norway Lines ferry from Emden to Kristiansand it seems. Today Holland Norway Lines applied for suspension of payments from the court and sailings have been halted, 'pending further developments'. A shame, really, as the line is a nice option to have. I used it twice, and last summer I saw many Californias on board.

Press release and (rather depressing) FAQ at https://hollandnorwaylines.com/
That is a real shame. I used the service last summer, it was great. Only the last few days I have been looking to book for next summer. (thank you for sharing the information).

Doorstart veerdienst Holland-Noorwegen mogelijk begin 2024. Twee partijen serieus bezig met voortzetten HNL

Twee partijen hebben serieuze interesse om komend voorjaar een veerdienst tussen Nederland en Noorwegen op te zetten. Ze zijn met curator Hans Silvius in gesprek over een doorstart van de vorige maand failliet verklaarde veerdienst Holland Norway Lines (HNL).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

Google translate:

Restart of the Holland-Norway ferry service possible in early 2024. Two parties are seriously working on continuing HNL

Two parties are seriously interested in setting up a ferry service between the Netherlands and Norway next spring. They are in discussions with curator Hans Silvius about a restart of the ferry service Holland Norway Lines (HNL), which was declared bankrupt last month.

Thanks Noeleen!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

Back