H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Seems we got a new forum sponser....?
To me the first time noticing a non VW related banner on top.
Or is it just me seeing it...?

I've got Brittany ferries on the top.
I like them,
Do check out there club voyage membership, gets you 30% off, so two trips in first year and you are in profit.
One trip the year after.
I guess it depends where you live , we are westwards

Can we get free ferryXings....?:D
Would love to visit the UK more...

Edit: checked out the site , they do not do Calais -Dover .....so not for me .

Did see thatone , i'm planning more than one day to the UK;)

Yes, book one out and then one back. Play the system.

Used to say in the small print that if you don't use both parts of a ticket then they charge you next time you book.
Check the small print!

The discounts are only on Brittay Ferries Holidays not the ferry crossings so don't get to excited.

This from the Euro tunnel website

Eurotunnel Ticket Terms and Conditions

1. Ticket Validity

1.1 Your booking is only valid for the booked departure time and thevehicle type stated .

Failure to complete both the outward and return journeys in respect of a return booking will invalidate your booking and in the event that you complete only one journey in respect of a return booking, you will be liable to pay the difference between the price that you paid for your return booking and the single fare applicable at the time that your journey was made. Eurotunnel reserves the right to obtain from you payment in full for all sums so arising. All travel must be completed within 1 calendar year of the date of original purchase.

1. Ticket Validity

1.1 Your booking is only valid for the booked departure time and thevehicle type stated .

Failure to complete both the outward and return journeys in respect of a return booking will invalidate your booking and in the event that you complete only one journey in respect of a return booking, you will be liable to pay the difference between the price that you paid for your return booking and the single fare applicable at the time that your journey was made. Eurotunnel reserves the right to obtain from you payment in full for all sums so arising. All travel must be completed within 1 calendar year of the date of original purchase.

Well all I can tell you is that my daughter has been doing it for the last four/five years and hasn't been asked to pay up. Probably done it about twelve times. However, she doesn't book the return until she is abroad so perhaps that's the trick.

I see nothing except a Cali, mountains and a lake. Adblock must be doing it's job :D

1. Ticket Validity

...and that's why I don't do Eurotunnel...

The discounts are only on Brittay Ferries Holidays not the ferry crossings so don't get to excited.
There is a 30% discount on UK-France routes and 10% on UK-Spain, as well as savings on cabins and dining. £70 registration fee and then £70 per year.

Now it has gone to far with the ad- banner on top of the screen.....
Was browsing earlyer and my employer pops up ....
image.png
Advert for (translated) "group purchasing of solarpanels"
I work for the gouvernement of Antwerp , the triangular logo on the right.
We organise things in local governance like schools , heritage , museums , parks and recriation , envirement ,...
There are about 2000 employed but i am just a small mice .
As the warehousemen i ( together with my colleague) collect and stock everthing needed to keep our office with about 700 employes roling . From toiletpaper over pens and paper to computers it all passes my hands .

Wierd to see that ad popping-up at my favorite site....on a sunday!
Glad i'm not working this week , enjoying one week vacation and not going away in the Cali ....also wierd as i usually leave the first day off-work.
Gonna do some DIY at home that needs urgent to be done and a local day out as the weather is fine here in Belgium.

Now it has gone to far with the ad- banner on top of the screen.....
Was browsing earlyer and my employer pops up ....
View attachment 15228
Advert for (translated) "group purchasing of solarpanels"
I work for the gouvernement of Antwerp , the triangular logo on the right.
We organise things in local governance like schools , heritage , museums , parks and recriation , envirement ,...
There are about 2000 employed but i am just a small mice .
As the warehousemen i ( together with my colleague) collect and stock everthing needed to keep our office with about 700 employes roling . From toiletpaper over pens and paper to computers it all passes my hands .

Wierd to see that ad popping-up at my favorite site....on a sunday!
Glad i'm not working this week , enjoying one week vacation and not going away in the Cali ....also wierd as i usually leave the first day off-work.
Gonna do some DIY at home that needs urgent to be done and a local day out as the weather is fine here in Belgium.
Enjoy your holiday HC. Hopefully The weather stays good so that you can get all those jobs done.

Okay, now i get it.
They are pop up ads.
For ages i thought this site was sponsored by various Dogging sites
around the UK.

Back