new front tyres thunder alloys for my 180

burko73

burko73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi

need two front tyres for my cali 180

been quoted £159 each for conti vancos + mitcheldever tyres all fitted balanced etc.

are vancos ok tyres? its got dunlops on at the moment.

the guy said that only falcon and conti supply approved tyres for that vehicle?

Anyone had any joy local to southampton for new tyres?

I have hankooks approved by Volkswagen for my vehicle. I do have 18 inch sport Ines though

I also recently had 2 x Hankooks on the front £120 each, I had vancos on mine before but did not last as long as I expected

Just had 4 X Kumho's fitted, €458.00, in France, have used them since first tyre change in 2008

John

The vancos are 'van' tyres & should be hard wearing. Martin were they noisy ??

burko73 said:
hi

need two front tyres for my cali 180

been quoted £159 each for conti vancos + mitcheldever tyres all fitted balanced etc.

are vancos ok tyres? its got dunlops on at the moment.

the guy said that only falcon and conti supply approved tyres for that vehicle?

Anyone had any joy local to southampton for new tyres?

I would ignore what he says about falcon & conti being the only approved tyres for the cali as a lot of them are delivered with Goodyears & Hankook. Depends what is cheapest when VW buy a container full.
As long as tyres are 103 load rated they are OK to run on your Cali.

Andy said:
The vancos are 'van' tyres & should be hard wearing. Martin were they noisy ??

alot of the reviews said they would be noisey but i found them fine and no noisier than my old Dunlops. i just thought they would of lasted a bit longer though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Googling about most 103 rated tyres are about the. £150 mark. I can get michelins fitted for £159 each tyre. These will usually last a bit longer than hankooks etc.

How do hankooks compare with michelins and dunlops etc?

Michelin all round on my 180.....hopefully durable as normal....and improves handling I think

Our van came with these on, DUNLOP 235/55R17 103W SPORTMAXX TT
Looking at this comparison site, http://www.tyretraders.com/tyresearchre ... reType=All
it looks to me that these are about the best still, the scores are about the best overall and the price is comparable. I 'm not sure about wear though, ours have done about 9k and seem to be about half worn so reckon 18-20k which I can live with.
I don't know what difference the fuel efficiency rating makes in real terms but I've noticed better consumption now that the winter Vredensteins are off.