Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Leisure batteries fitted £686

C

CityCali

VIP Member
Just had both leisure batteries replace by VW in my 2014 SE.

Quoted £414 each, but turned out cheaper; £343 each (inc vat)

They have fitted these (see pic - part number 000915105CD on the invoice)

I was surprised these say "Start-Stop Starter Battery" on the label as I though these needed to be special leisure batteries.

Anyone able to confirm?

114-1145646_genuine-start-stop-starter-agm-battery-vw-battery-1.jpg

Star/Stop batteries are AGM. Both leisure batteries are AGM.
Perfectly good.

wow. that's a steep price

wow yes the price has gone up since I last purchased one :eek: but they looked VW branded which the previous ones weren't if I remember rightly.

In about 5yrs when i eventually have to replace mine i
will also go for those VW ones.
The ones that i have now have lasted 14yrs, so even though
they are a bit expensive, they're worth it.

In about 5yrs when i eventually have to replace mine i
will also go for those VW ones.
The ones that i have now have lasted 14yrs, so even though
they are a bit expensive, they're worth it.
Varta make them and you can buy direct with 4 yr warranty. From VW 3yr warranty.

Exact same Battery from Varta £160.97. from Tanya Batteries.
That is a lot cheaper. Anyone who has the time and knowledge to fit these themselves can obviously make a big saving.

That is a lot cheaper. Anyone who has the time and knowledge to fit these themselves can obviously make a big saving.

Im pretty sure there is a guide on the forum.
It’s fairly straightforward.
Btw, anyone in the Warwickshire area need this doing, I can supply batteries and fit for £500 cash...:thanks

Just had both leisure batteries replace by VW in my 2014 SE.

Quoted £414 each, but turned out cheaper; £343 each (inc vat)

They have fitted these (see pic - part number 000915105CD on the invoice)

I was surprised these say "Start-Stop Starter Battery" on the label as I though these needed to be special leisure batteries.

Anyone able to confirm?

View attachment 56185
These are Varta batteries with a VW label. I paid £205 each for the best quality Varta last year & fitted them myself. You do have to take precautions when fitting though. If your not sure or confident you do the right thing in getting VW to fit them.
My last pair of Varta lasted 8 years... undoubtoubly the best quality..

These are Varta batteries with a VW label. I paid £205 each for the best quality Varta last year & fitted them myself. You do have to take precautions when fitting though. If your not sure or confident you do the right thing in getting VW to fit them.
My last pair of Varta lasted 8 years... undoubtoubly the best quality..
Do you have a model or part number for your new Varta Batteries please?

Do you have a model or part number for your new Varta Batteries please?

Must have been a run on them as they are out of stock at the moment. These are the ones I fitted. Those supplied to VW are Black but same code.

Must have been a run on them as they are out of stock at the moment. These are the ones I fitted. Those supplied to VW are Black but same code.

There is usually a 15% discount running on the LA80’s on eBay.

Thanks @WelshGas
I will keep an eye out for that. In no rush at the moment as DIY solar install is just about complete.

same battery I believe ...

I have fitted a lifos lithium leisure battery. If you have the budget then they are fantastic £599-699. Very light and compact. You can use all of the capacity, compared to 50% with lead acid batteries. Much longer lifespan too.

same battery I believe ...

varta in stock even cheaper

I have fitted a lifos lithium leisure battery. If you have the budget then they are fantastic £599-699. Very light and compact. You can use all of the capacity, compared to 50% with lead acid batteries. Much longer lifespan too.

You’ll need to change charging system to run them

No you don't, not with the Lifos ones. They have a built in bms that means they can use a lead acid charger. You can swap them straight in.

No you don't, not with the Lifos ones. They have a built in bms that means they can use a lead acid charger. You can swap them straight in.
I like the idea of the Lithium Iron Phospate batteries.
Which model did you install please??
We just ran one for three months tent camping and it was excellent. We had no need of a solar controller as it managed it all itself. If I could find ones to match up with the Cali without confusing the onboard BMS that would be great.

I've got the 68aH version, this one; https://www.activeoutlet.co.uk/phones-gps/solar-technology-12v-68ah-lifos-lithium-battery
There is a larger capacity one, but it is £999 and would be overkill for us.
I find the 68ah fine, we have solar as well, it keeps it nicely topped up.
You can read more about the batteries here; https://www.lifos.co.uk/
I've had mine installed for over a year now and it works brilliantly.
I have a conversion though, not a Cali, so not sure about the Cali BMS. The Lifos doesn't need a special lithium charger though, it will work with standard lead acid chargers.

do you still have VSR split charge?

Back