Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Batteries

OllieCollieCali

OllieCollieCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
HI All, Apologies, I know this has probably been posted many many times already, and I have done a bit of searching and reading of threads, but couldnt find the answer.
I recently purchased a 2006 T5 with full california conversion. Already had a couple of weekends away and absolutely loving it! This site has already been a huge help with a couple of other issues I came across so hopefully you can help me with my first post.

I need to replace my leisure batteries as theyre only running 22% capacity. The trouble is its currently fitted with 2 completely different leisure batteries, a bigger one under the passenger seat, and a smaller one in a locker at the back under the wardrobe area. The smaller one has been turned off at the fuse because it was draining the larger battery due to them being different sizes.
I know that the batteries have to be identical especially in size, so looking to change them both to a pair of identical batteries, but because they are both different, and no guarantee they are even the correct batteries, I dont know which batteries I need to fit to replace them.

I have seen on a few threads people have put links to the batteries they have bought on ebay or different suppliers, but unfortunately they were older threads so the links no longer worked.

Could anyone let me know which batteries I need please? and if possible any links of best places to buy them? looking to get the best / longest battery life when away without the electric hook up if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies again for posting about something thats probably been asked many times.

Graeme

HI All, Apologies, I know this has probably been posted many many times already, and I have done a bit of searching and reading of threads, but couldnt find the answer.
I recently purchased a 2006 T5 with full california conversion. Already had a couple of weekends away and absolutely loving it! This site has already been a huge help with a couple of other issues I came across so hopefully you can help me with my first post.

I need to replace my leisure batteries as theyre only running 22% capacity. The trouble is its currently fitted with 2 completely different leisure batteries, a bigger one under the passenger seat, and a smaller one in a locker at the back under the wardrobe area. The smaller one has been turned off at the fuse because it was draining the larger battery due to them being different sizes.
I know that the batteries have to be identical especially in size, so looking to change them both to a pair of identical batteries, but because they are both different, and no guarantee they are even the correct batteries, I dont know which batteries I need to fit to replace them.

I have seen on a few threads people have put links to the batteries they have bought on ebay or different suppliers, but unfortunately they were older threads so the links no longer worked.

Could anyone let me know which batteries I need please? and if possible any links of best places to buy them? looking to get the best / longest battery life when away without the electric hook up if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies again for posting about something thats probably been asked many times.

Graeme

The California SE/Ocean has 2 x 75 amp AGM batteries wired in parallel .

The California SE/Ocean has 2 x 75 amp AGM batteries wired in parallel .

Brilliant, thankyou very much, Mine isnt an ocean or beach, so probably be the same. Ill try and have a measure of the compartments to be sure, but ill try and order a pair. As both batteries were completely different I wasnt sure what was the correct battery to fit.

Thanks again
Graeme

Back