Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member from Spain

T

Txabarri

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi!

Very soon I will be a full member! Just waiting for my new Ocean as Christmas present! Hohoho!

Welcome , a white christmas in Spain ? Or an other color for your Ocean;)

Last edited:
Thank you!

Although I am from the north, last year we could just see the snow in pictures... So I chose red for my Cali, just like Papa Nöel!

Welcome Txabarri,

Tomorrow I'll be landing in Bilbao. I'm heading to Pamplona.

Last year there were some snow in Spain, maybe not as much as usual but enought to enjoy skiing.

tmp_5023-IMG_20151231_150251389_HDR-342951836.jpg

Welcome , a white christmas in Spain ? Or an other color for your Ocean;)
Spain is not flat at all, there are peaks higher than 3000 meters, and it's very usual the snow mainly in the northerm half of the country.

Curiously, one of the best ski station in Spain is at the very south, in Granada county, it's called Sierra Nevada.

Were I used to live, at Las Rozas, outside Madrid, is around 750m above the sea level and usually every year it snow. In Madrid center it's also pretty usual.

Hi estresao.
You are totally right. Spain is not only beach and sun. We have quite a lot of mountains higher than 2000m. You can always find high mountains for skying or climbing. I am from Bilbao and here as you know it does not snow so often. Welcome to Bilbao! Actually I am living in Hong Kong until beginning of December.
If any member is planning to go to Basque Country and need some advice, just let me know!

Welcome Txabarri. Hope the forum gives you all the help you need. Also hope we get to explore Spain ourselves in our Cali soonish so may be in touch for that Travel advice. :thumb

Great LowMan and thank you! I am really learning a lot with the tons of experience shared in the forum... In fact it is a kind of drug. I can not stop reading!!