Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Andyboy

Andyboy

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi name is Andy. Just picked up our brand new ocean 6.1 yesterday., Hopefully it will be all registered and ready to go tomorrow. For the last 7years been travelling around in a T5 I built a bed into and packed everything under the bed. Won't miss rummaging around in all them boxes. Love I'm the South of Germany so very centralized for Europe. Next month we will tour France for 3weeks but just to give us a taste we will drive over to Trier (borders with Luxembourg) to visit one of my sons. Happy travels everyone.

:welcome Welcome Andy and we’re all looking forward to some pics of your Cali and adventures...

:welcome Welcome Andy and we’re all looking forward to some pics of your Cali and adventures...
And where would I post pictures, I don't see any here or a link to any pictures or am I missing something?

And where would I post pictures, I don't see any here or a link to any pictures or am I missing something?
At the bottom of the box when typing a message I see a “Attach files” button. You should be able to add photo’s.

:welcome Andyboy,

You’ll be posting photos in no time ( bottom left of the box where you type the text, opposite the yellow post reply button, it’s the white button)

Now let’s have test run !

Ok I got it. I understand about adding pictures into the posts I just thought there might have been a separate page where members post there pictures so all can see them without having to go through all the threads. I just got back from my first weekend in the new bus I'll post my first thoughts on it tomorrow and of course some pictures, I'm hitting to sofa now and doing nothing

Wilkommen Andyboy. Based in S Germany but from Blighty originally? Have fun in your new machine.

Hi Hector, I'm on the border of Baden-wurtenberg and Bayen, originaly From Leeds. Took the California out for the First time at the weekend what a nice machine it is too. A pleasure to drive slept well and so nice to just get the breakfast on without dragging out all the boxes we did with the old bus. Removing the part of the downstairs bed and replacing it was not that easy but the usb C I'm supposed to connect my phone to the unit is annoying as my phone cable is usb a to usb c and I can't find no usb c to usb c cable. Apart from that happy so far. Went to visit my sons at the weekend one lives near Koblenz and the other in Trier so drove along the Mosel river stopping of at the wonderful town of Bernkastel-Kues and snapped a few pictures for you guys.

_DSC3607.jpg

_DSC3598.jpg

_DSC3594.jpg

_DSC3608.jpg

_DSC3593.jpg

_DSC3592.jpg

_DSC3595.jpg

_DSC3597.jpg

_DSC3611.jpg

_DSC3612.jpg

Hi Hector, I'm on the border of Baden-wurtenberg and Bayen, originaly From Leeds. Took the California out for the First time at the weekend what a nice machine it is too. A pleasure to drive slept well and so nice to just get the breakfast on without dragging out all the boxes we did with the old bus. Removing the part of the downstairs bed and replacing it was not that easy but the usb C I'm supposed to connect my phone to the unit is annoying as my phone cable is usb a to usb c and I can't find no usb c to usb c cable. Apart from that happy so far. Went to visit my sons at the weekend one lives near Koblenz and the other in Trier so drove along the Mosel river stopping of at the wonderful town of Bernkastel-Kues and snapped a few pictures for you guys.

View attachment 62340

View attachment 62341

View attachment 62342

View attachment 62344

View attachment 62345

View attachment 62346

View attachment 62347

View attachment 62348

View attachment 62349

View attachment 62350
Great photos, thanks for sharing.
You mentioning Koblenz brings back happy memories. Visited there when based in Germany for a number of years with the army.
Happy safe travels in your new van.

View attachment 62340

View attachment 62341

View attachment 62342

View attachment 62344

View attachment 62345

View attachment 62346

View attachment 62347

View attachment 62348

View attachment 62349

View attachment 62350
A very warm welcome Andy,

Stunning photographs. What a lovely area. Your van looks very nice indeed. Is it white or is it the new light grey?

one lives near Koblenz and the other in Trier so drove along the Mosel river stopping of at the wonderful town of Bernkastel-Kues
I love that stretch of the Mosel. I cycled from Trier to Koblenz as part of a longer tour with friends a few years ago. It's almost impossible not to stop at every little winemaker along the tow path and sample their wines.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, to answer a few questions, the bus is white I took the shot at the end of the day into the sun. Has to where I got it that was easy my partner's brother is a car dealer we just told him what we wanted next day he found one. He says the demand has gone up 30% this year, corona not all that bad for some. I lived in Koblenz for 9 years i actually had my disc operation at the military hospital i was not in the military but my doc said i was an emergency and just go along and they can not refuse me. I heard later that the surgeon who did the OP was one of the best for that OP in the country. Yes it's a wonderful stretch of road and for white wine fans it's a dream.

Back