Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean 150 Owner

C

CoutzCampervan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi. New to the world of VW Cali based in Guernsey. Picked up a new Ocean 150 last week ad dealer had one which was a customer order but wasn’t ready to take delivery.

As it was not my order I have options as selected by someone else. I would have gone for 18” wheels so no looking at a set of aftermarket Wolfrace Wolfsburgs.

Wolfrace wheels have load ratings and the Wolfsburg are rated at 860kg. The max axle load on the ocean is published as 1620kg so I calculate a load rating or 810kg is required.

Question would others be happy with an 860kg rated wheel vs 810kg min requirement or would you go for a larger margin?

Love to hear some views and if anyone has any other recommendations.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Presume you’ve got 17” (with a spare)? Personally I’d stick with that size.

Personally I wouldn't go lower than a 900kgs load rated rim. Potholes and accidental kerb hits need to be factored in.

Wheels such as Wolfrace usually have fitting differences, Offset, Centre bore and bolts used/needed.
Beware of Diamond cut ones as they corrode relatively quickly.

Personally I wouldn't go lower than a 900kgs load rated rim. Potholes and accidental kerb hits need to be factored in.

Wheels such as Wolfrace usually have fitting differences, Offset, Centre bore and bolts used/needed.
Beware of Diamond cut ones as they corrode relatively quickly.
Think I’m going to go with a different design with a 960 load rating. Have you experience with the polished Wolfrace wheels?

Back