Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner of a 2011 180 SE DSG

PJV

PJV

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi I am from the Midlands and have just bought my Cali (the 5.1 or facelift version I think they call it) ..well a couple of weeks ago! I think I now know how most things work in the van although my first disappointment was the battery kept going flat! So now a new beefed up battery and hopefully that is sorted and I’ll be off on my weekend adventures with hubby and Charlie the Staffie . Still need to get the van kitted out, I keep thinking we need to buy a mattress but we are going to try sleeping upstairs to start with and see if we need it, I’ve read all the forums about mattresses they seem pretty expensive and I don’t want to fill the van up with things I don’t need. Wouldn’t mind some advice about the under sink cupboard door sliding handle as it keeps popping off, do people superglue them back on? Also any good advice on storage and best publications/Apps/ recommendations of places to camp on and off campsites would be really appreciated. Anyway glad I found this site....hi everyone!

• Welcome
Reactions: Sad
A Big :welcome to fellow 'Midlander!

Reactions: PJV
Welcome to the site Don't buy to much without trying the cali out camping its easy to buy what you think you need only to find you have never used it. I sleep downstairs and do find the bed hard so am going to try upstairs in a few days time. You are right most purpose options are expensive but not if you compare them to the cost of the van and you end up having a good nights sleep.