Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner

S

Super Hands

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Collected my new Cali on Monday after spending the best part of £70k :Nailbiting

MPG on way home was an terrible 26MPG, is this normal for a 4Motion? We are off to Cornwall next week for a test run having never camped before this could be very interesting

My MPG on my way home from the dealers was around that.

Now, with 7,000 miles loosening everything up I would expect it to be around 33mpg.

I do consider that to be a figure still improving. A bit hard for me to say precisely as nearly half my mileage has been pulling a caravan but even with one of those on tow I can achieve 27 mpg.

Great stuff collecting your Cali and straight axay on a trip!
We visited Cornwal in May and loved it , as i loved the pasty's :D

Welcome to the forum. You will love Cornwall its a lovely place to visit.

Eeek!! 26MPG is not great; although I've no idea what would be considered "normal"; it would also greatly depend on how much weight you were carrying and how heavy your right foot is ;)

I've read a number of forum posts suggesting that the 4MOTION is the thing that kills MPG's but when I asked my dealer he said it should only get about 3 or 4 miles fewer MPG's than the 2WD; hopefully when it's "run-in" you will see an improvement.

We've got a 204PS DSG 4MOTION on order and so I guess we've got these low MPG's to look forward too as well; although in the past I've had a 4.2 and a 5.0 supercharged Range Rover Sport and I rarely got above 15MPG in those and often under 10 and so 26MPG doesn't seem so bad :thumb.

I get 35-38mpg from my 4 motion on a run. I’ve done 15k. I guess I depends on driving, traffic.
I’ve had 2wd cal too not much in it to be honest. Don’t forget they are a heavy vehicle.

Collected my new Cali on Monday after spending the best part of £70k :Nailbiting

MPG on way home was an terrible 26MPG, is this normal for a 4Motion? We are off to Cornwall next week for a test run having never camped before this could be very interesting
One journey won’t be representative of what you will be getting long term, especially the first one! See what you get over a tankful and report back.

And welcome to the forum :thumb