Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New rear kitchen option and accessories from Slidepods

S

SlidePods

Guest User
Slidepods are very proud to announce that we are now the sole importer and distributor of the new Nest Box by Egoe. We are able to provide not only the Nest Box itself, but also their accessories and storage options including the removeable Window Storage bags.

https://nestbyegoe.cz/en/products/nestbox

The Nest Box includes the main body with space for cookers, water, cool box and two drawers, along with a host of plastic storage drawers. The Nest Box is manufactured using the highest quality of materials possible and offers all the utility you need for a fully functioning, removeable kitchen unit for your California Beach.

We fitted one into the rear of the California Beach we have in our workshop at the moment.

20180419_131919.jpg

20180419_132016.jpg

20180419_132034.jpg

The Nest Box features a fully removeable, self-contained double burner unit enabling you to take the burner inside the van should you encounter any inclement weather conditions! Or, for those glorious sunny days, the burner can be taken down to the beach, park or wherever you happen to take your van. The cooker module carries 4 gas canisters.

Additionally, you are able to add a cool box to the unit, providing you with access to chilled drinks and snacks at any time during your trip which can also be removed to take with you.

This highly practical unit contains an ample amount of storage, as displayed in the photos. Not only are there 5 plastic storage compartments underneath, there are also 3 pull out drawers across the top to provide extra space for smaller items such as cutlery and food.

The water module has two 12ltr water tanks, one of which has an integrated submersible pump that can be powered on with the flip of a switch. Part of the water module includes the sink itself, which incorporates a collapsible bowl and a tap that can also be used as a shower head when extended out of the unit.

20180419_132050.jpg

20180419_131938.jpg

In addition to the Nest Box, we are able to provide the Ceiling Storage Bags made from a light and resistant fabric called Batyline. The storage includes a mirror, multiple zipped pockets and can be strapped and clipped in. The product can be neatly stored away and will enable you to have a clear view through the rear window when you hit the road.

20180419_132359.jpg

20180419_133015.jpg

In the video below, Jeremy from Nest By Egoe demonstrates exactly how the unit is used to its full potential.

Hi Sidepods,

I've looked at various options over the last couple of years and not found one yet that ticks all the boxes. This looks like it might but I do have a couple of questions.

1) Unlike your own pods it looks like this one requires removal of the multiplex board. Obvious question but how does this impact on making the bed? Is the unit the same height at the multiflex?

2) The thing that has stopped me getting a slidepod is the lack of space for a fridge, this one has this but can you confirm what fridges would fit? The Egoe website has a fridge pricelist including the Dometics but doesn't say which fridge fits which module of nest.

Steve

Sorry for got question 3

3) Does this fix to the rail system or use some other method for attachment?

Re the bed question, I have a 3 seat Beach.

Cheers

Hi @Steve39.
The unit is designed to replace the multiflex board as you rightly spotted. For the three seat beach I believe there is a version which has a bed boad on top that your mattress topper will go on. If you dont have a mattress topper we can supply you with one one can be ordered with your nest.
I believe that the right hand drawer is designed to accomodate the weaco tropicool tcx 14. But may fit other boxes of similar dimensions.
The box is supplied with x4 webbing straps that have hooks that attatch to the body of the casing. Each strap is tested to 700kg meaning if you use all 4 you would require a pulling force of 2800kg+ to get it to come loose. These straps allow the nest to have a more generic fixing system than the slidepod that works across many platforms of vehicles. I believe that in the beach it utilises the D tie down points to fix in but personally I would opt for the D tie downs at the rear end of the outer rails and a couple of bolt in eyelets attached into the rails between the nest and the rear seat.

If you would like a quote drop us an email on info@slidepods.co.uk.

Back