Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear storage box

J

jessie

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
We are currently travelling in France in our Beach T5, before setting off we contemplated a roof box for extra storage but decided against this ,we have seen on the motorway a VW
campervan with a white rectangular storage box on the back presumably sitting on a bike rack , it was not the Fiamma one, does anyone know what make this might be? Many thanks.

Was it like this?
1019.jpg

Brandrup Flex bag http://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup-.../vw-vehicle-exterior/vw-load-bearing-devices/

Thanks for the swift reply, no it looked like a white plastic or similar material, no straps and lower down on the back of the camper.

If you google rear mounted storage box for camper they all pop up

Thanks for the swift reply, no it looked like a white plastic or similar material, no straps and lower down on the back of the camper.

Do you mean: MFT Box? I think it is a Germany based company.

+1 for the MFT BackBox, if a mite expensive. Does allow you to swap the box for a bike rack should you wish.

Our Solution, Fiamma 500 Box on a shortened VW Logo Bicycle Rack.
Why shortened ? We Need only 2 Bikes if we take them but the Main Reason is the improved Access to the Back. This makes a great difference for opening the Back to get the Dogs out or to connect the Caravan to the Trailer Hitch.

If I would not have owned the Original Rack already I would now buy the New Fiamma T5 Bike Rack which is even available in Black Color now.

20160618_124142.jpg 20160618_124156.jpg

One Note on Boxes on the Trailer Hitch. If you have a lowered Suspension like our Bilstein B14 then most of the Boxes cannot fold down enough to open the Tailgate. So, try before buying ;-)

I've got the MTF one and it's quite good. The only cons I'm suffering is that my Beach is a 2 seats bench one, so the multiflex doesn't allow to access the truck from the interior. Whe the box is plenty open the tailgate is a pain in the ass.

tmp_32660-IMG_20151218_100737042-1314555040.jpg

One Note on Boxes on the Trailer Hitch. If you have a lowered Suspension like our Bilstein B14 then most of the Boxes cannot fold down enough to open the Tailgate. So, try before buying ;-)
Our van is dropped with H+R springs by 40mm. Can still lower the BackBox enough to clear the tailgate at this level, although it does rest on the ground.

Alan

Hi martin interested in your Comfortz Bag should the item still be available
Thanks John

This is more about the mft which we have and highly recommend. Fits nicely under the bike rack and still allows you to open the box lid with bikes on and lowers to access the tailgate.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/rear-tilting-tow-bar-mounted-storage-box-tailgate-access.6959/

View attachment 14678
Hi,

I have been trying to purchase the MFT back box from the UK with no success, the only outlet I found was amazon which is out stock. I also contacted MFT in Germany who informed me they won’t ship to the UK.
Does anyone have advise or know how I can get my hands on one these? Heading to France in 5 weeks need it for additional storage

Thanks

I am intere
Our Solution, Fiamma 500 Box on a shortened VW Logo Bicycle Rack.
Why shortened ? We Need only 2 Bikes if we take them but the Main Reason is the improved Access to the Back. This makes a great difference for opening the Back to get the Dogs out or to connect the Caravan to the Trailer Hitch.

If I would not have owned the Original Rack already I would now buy the New Fiamma T5 Bike Rack which is even available in Black Color now.

View attachment 14866 View attachment 14867
I am interested in a storage box like yours. How did you fix it to the bike rack and what do you carry in it?

Thanks

Back