Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New roof needed

Did you remember what the cause of this is yet?
sorry not yet. when i picked up the sheet with details was not available. I will askwhen i drop it off, although that will be a few weeks after the roof has arrived and been sprayed.

Hi, mine looks the same, been trying to get fixed/reject for 8 months. Can you send a photo of the clips inside that secure the roof? Mine are not central and more so I’m proud side of the roof. I believe they can be adjusted. If you watch California chris on YouTube re coast 6.1 it shows these as central (black clip on silver)

358329FA-DB3E-42F3-8A85-FB0AC5ADF357.jpeg

4EEAD9C9-1D57-456E-8762-6EF9996BF3DA.jpeg

05EC3866-2CBF-43DB-BD4E-BFE411AD72F6.jpeg

So you managed to repair the huge dent in the Aluminium roof with a
Few smacks with your fist.
What about the where the canvas was trapped in the mechanism?
The same thing happened to me a few months ago when it was taken into the main dealer for some work to be done.
They ended up paying for a new canvas plus repairing the dented roof (both sides) plus a complete respray of the roof.
All because the forgot to open the doors when lowering the roof.
I'd be interested to know who replaced the canvas. Mine has 5 splits over 15 years, where it has occasionally been trapped in the roof (which causes the occasional "roof bend"). If they did a good job of the canvas replacement, I'd seriously consider using them, unless they are hundreds of miles from me.

Hi, mine looks the same, been trying to get fixed/reject for 8 months. Can you send a photo of the clips inside that secure the roof? Mine are not central and more so I’m proud side of the roof. I believe they can be adjusted. If you watch California chris on YouTube re coast 6.1 it shows these as central (black clip on silver)

View attachment 104641

View attachment 104642

View attachment 104643
Sorry I missed this and it is now fixed. Also had a look and couldn’t see what you referenced

Update is the roof has been replaced

After asking several times there was no clear view on what the issue was just that they wouldn’t change it if they didn’t need to

I think the one answer I got that made sense was that the roof hadn’t stuck properly in that corner and was pulling away slightly

4B4BECDF-203F-493B-B812-227B00FA4FEA.jpeg

99CAD2CB-C91A-460A-99B8-D512169799AD.jpeg

So you managed to repair the huge dent in the Aluminium roof with a
Few smacks with your fist.
What about the where the canvas was trapped in the mechanism?
The same thing happened to me a few months ago when it was taken into the main dealer for some work to be done.
They ended up paying for a new canvas plus repairing the dented roof (both sides) plus a complete respray of the roof.
All because the forgot to open the doors when lowering the roof.
What was your van in for when they ‘wrongly raised’ the roof.
Our van was in recently for Service/MOT/ Cam belt / Water pump. I specifically asked that they wouldn’t be touching the Habitation area or raising the roof and mentioned how many issues there have been with ‘not opening Windows /Door of roof raised…. Fortunately not necessary and also pretty aware of needs.

Roof and Bellows replaced + Breeze. Bellows not fitted correctly. VW Cutomer Services & Breeze want me to get it assed locally. Contacted local dealer- they want me to take it back to Breeze. Breeze offered to pay local dealer ‘if they feel it is a problem’ This casts doubt on my claim there’s a fault. So frustrating after 12 months of hassle.

Back