Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sagging drivers side roof

Followed the advice on forum. Raised and lowered 5 times and it seems to have worked. Roof been up for almost 3 days with no sag.
This could be down to the outside temperature now it’s colder the oil is thicker which means it can’t pass over the pump non return,but fingers crossed it’s sorted

Followed the advice on forum. Raised and lowered 5 times and it seems to have worked. Roof been up for almost 3 days with no sag.
That worked once for me, problem re-occured the next time I had the roof up. I tried the 5 times trick again and it didn't work.

Mine happened within minutes of putting the roof up and meant the lights didn't work in the pop top when it sagged. The camper display showed the roof was in "intermediate position" - put the roof up and they worked again. Ten minutes later intermediate position again and no lights. I'd say that's not within acceptable limits if that's what you are seeing, it's hardly practical to keep putting the roof up every ten minutes so you can have the lights on.

The VW procedure is similar to 5x up and down but not exactly the same (requires modulation of the bypass valve).

VW says to repeat the whole procedure up to 3 times.

This could be down to the outside temperature now it’s colder the oil is thicker which means it can’t pass over the pump non return,but fingers crossed it’s sorted
I will monitor and update forum if necessary. Northern Spain certainly wasn’t too hot when it happened but we’ll see

The VW procedure is similar to 5x up and down but not exactly the same (requires modulation of the bypass valve).

VW says to repeat the whole procedure up to 3 times.
Thanks

That worked once for me, problem re-occured the next time I had the roof up. I tried the 5 times trick again and it didn't work.

Mine happened within minutes of putting the roof up and meant the lights didn't work in the pop top when it sagged. The camper display showed the roof was in "intermediate position" - put the roof up and they worked again. Ten minutes later intermediate position again and no lights. I'd say that's not within acceptable limits if that's what you are seeing, it's hardly practical to keep putting the roof up every ten minutes so you can have the lights on.
OMG. I’ll monitor and will put roof out again once this downpour stops. Thanks for info

Now the rain has stopped (2 weeks later) I’ve had the roof up again for 36 hours and pleased to say it hasn’t sagged again. Fingers crossed the forum advice (raise and lower 5 times) has done the trick.