Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 California Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion

Q

Qfarmer

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
It is a long dream come true! I just took delivery of my new jewel and launched it on a 2'800 Km (sorry I am on metric!) in enchanting landscapes and villages of Southern France. Traveling with my girlfriend, we tested the vehicle for all its worth. Motorways, secondary roads, unpaved and some off-roads. We even had to use the difflock to get us back on road. We cook our meals on board and made use of the rear shower outlet. The T6 met all my expectations for equipment, fonctionality and comfort including and surprinsingly low fuel consumption 7.9 l/Km (35.5 MPG (UK)
The specs: 204 CV (150Kw) TDI DSG 4Motion, DCC dynamic chassis with differential lock.
I am hard pressed to express a less than excellent comment. I will be bold and risk one: On steep downhill the heavy weight of the vehicule shows and I have to sollicit the breaks more than say a sedan car.
At this point, I can only say that if all the goodies, electronic and hardware, prove reliable over time, this is a fantastic piece of equipment...

Welcome to the board and good to hear.

Mike

How is the dsg off-road? Or did you use manual mode?

Welcome, glad you conducted a full test, "for all it was worth"!!

How is the dsg off-road? Or did you use manual mode?
On this initial trip the off-road was limited to some rough unpaved trail and some steep sections. The intent was to precisely experience the DSG. Stopping and starting on the slope (I did not mesure the actual incline but would guess above 25% on stony gravelled surface) The T6 managed that with ease. The DSG transferred the 450 Nm to the wheels without problems. No wheel spinning, engine RPM just above 1000. The transmission on D. The other interesting test was on a steep downhill using the downhill assist function. The system brought the vehicle down without skidding or otherwise loosing control. I am truly impressed with this T6 and it functionality put to use. :thumb

Back