Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to a Cali Ocean

slidingaround

slidingaround

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

Just put a holding deposit down on a T6 California Ocean. I view it tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well. Looking forward to getting back to a camper. I used to own a T5 converted camper, sold that and went to an RS4 which I've just sold. (Had to scratch that itch) I was going to go back to a converted camper (A T6 this time) but this Ocean came up and looks like it's worth extending my budget slightly.

Anything to look out for when looking? What must have extras would you advice?
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Just put a holding deposit down on a T6 California Ocean. I view it tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well. Looking forward to getting back to a camper. I used to own a T5 converted camper, sold that and went to an RS4 which I've just sold. (Had to scratch that itch) I was going to go back to a converted camper (A T6 this time) but this Ocean came up and looks like it's worth extending my budget slightly.

Thanks in advance.
Ask if it has an extended warranty, always good to have just in case ! Check pop-up roof canvas make sure it has not been torn.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
LED lights a nice option. plus DSG

Manual is just as nice
I’m sure you won’t regret it .
What colour/spec
Enjoy

Manual is just as nice
I’m sure you won’t regret it .
What colour/spec
Enjoy

Candy White
150 Manual

Some of the things from the list which i think might be extras (not certain) may also be missing a few as i research further tonight on what is standard and what is an extra.
No idea what the first 3 below are and not sure why the 4th is listed as an extra, what's the alternative?

• Comfort pack - California
  • Lights and vision pack - California
  • Smoking pack - California
  • Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on passenger side
  • Awning rail in black
  • Front/rear mudflaps
  • Roll out awning - driver's side in black
  • Daytime running lights
  • LED headlights with LED daytime running lights
  • 17" Cascavel anthracite alloy wheels

Candy white is my favourite..
Cool in the sun,easy to live with and a fresh looking camper great choice :thumb

Yeah, coming from a black car which was a nightmare to keep clean, I'm looking forward to it.

Them first 4 are like you say not extras
The comfort pack may mean what comes with the shower but if it’s not got a shower well maybe it’s just something that comes free in the ocean ....
But sounds great..
Enjoy

Them first 4 are like you say not extras
The comfort pack may mean what comes with the shower but if it’s not got a shower well maybe it’s just something that comes free in the ocean ....
But sounds great..
Enjoy

Pretty sure it has a shower.
Also has rear camera, parking sensors, i have no idea if these are extras or not, really need to do some research this evening! :)

Well if it’s got the shower it also has something called comfort lighting that’s a nice touch also the rear camera is a good thing to have these are all extras so that’s a bonus for you :thumb

Well if it’s got the shower it also has something called comfort lighting that’s a nice touch also the rear camera is a good thing to have these are all extras so that’s a bonus for you :thumb

Im guessing that's what the comfort pack is maybe?
Im also guessing its got the shower because the valve for the shower is behind this hatch? or would that be there regardless?

Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 21.04.48.png

Yep that’s the shower if they don’t have the shower that flap isn’t there ....also the comfort lighting is something that you have to have when ticking the outdoor shower option
Im guessing that's what the comfort pack is maybe?
Im also guessing its got the shower because the valve for the shower is behind this hatch? or would that be there regardless?

View attachment 50487

Last edited:
If you have the F&R sensors that's an extra as is the camera which unless I'm mistaken means you have the larger screen on the head unit. does it have App connect?

Awning and mud flaps in black nice against the white van. Factory fitted mud flaps are better than the dealer ones. Candy is a better colour IMO than the Oryx. Sounds a nice bus. Your lucky when I ordered mine manual was temporally unavailable. Even though I am used to the DSG now I would have no issues going back to a Manual.

If you have the F&R sensors that's an extra as is the camera which unless I'm mistaken means you have the larger screen on the head unit. does it have App connect?

Yeah definitely front and rear sensors with camera. Yes, larger screen with app connect apparently.

Looks like you have got plenty of extras. LED lights are excellent and I find the reversing camera really good. Nice set of wheels as well!

Awning and mud flaps in black nice against the white van. Factory fitted mud flaps are better than the dealer ones. Candy is a better colour IMO than the Oryx. Sounds a nice bus. Your lucky when I ordered mine manual was temporally unavailable. Even though I am used to the DSG now I would have no issues going back to a Manual.

Really? Why do you think the flat candy white is better? Thought the Oryx would be the most desirable.

Looks like you have got plenty of extras. LED lights are excellent and I find the reversing camera really good. Nice set of wheels as well!

Hopefully it looks good when i view it in the morning. Fingers crossed.