Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to the forum, new to the California

We are in the same boat, a decent bit of discount meaning we can spec. up a bit.
I like Starlight, looks really classy. I was surprised how nice the white was as well...and the Ascot Grey (which I thought would be dirty white) has turned out to be much nicer. We shall see!
As it grey looks much better in the metal than in pictures. I wanted a darker colour as had a white car for a few years and sick of cleaning it.

Had a look on configuration and not much in the way of minor options, cost wise.

Ones that I would add, definites as opposed to maybe ones.

Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera, extra sliding window (gives the option to open on wind leeward side) and mudflaps.

Nothing in the way of a wheel change as can be done at a later time for less cost. ie sell the 16" wheels to offset the 18" purchase.

Other options are up to you but do a comparison with the Ocean spec & costs before ordering. Ocean could be better value if you start adding big ticket parts.

Hello all,
We are on the brink of ordering a new California Coast, just making the final decision on colour...which has by far been the hardest part so far!
We are in the process of adding to the spec and wondered:

Does anyone have any opinion on the optional wood-look flooring?
Any must have items in your opinion?

I also noticed that some of you new owners and about to be owners regret not ordering in the front fog lamps, can I ask why?

Many thanks in advance

If you haven’t already, search for “California Chris” on You Tube, he goes into great details on options and also speaks specifically about the wooden floor (no if you have pets, and also expensive option that doesn’t look as hard wearing).

He also talks through the recommended upgrades for the Coast

As for colour, depends if your fussed about resale value or not. Red seems to be the least popular, the safest colours like Grey are always popular, but it’s your Cali so could be best to go with whatever you like best :)

If you haven’t already, search for “California Chris” on You Tube, he goes into great details on options and also speaks specifically about the wooden floor (no if you have pets, and also expensive option that doesn’t look as hard wearing).

He also talks through the recommended upgrades for the Coast

As for colour, depends if your fussed about resale value or not. Red seems to be the least popular, the safest colours like Grey are always popular, but it’s your Cali so could be best to go with whatever you like best :)
Many thanks, will take a look to see what Chris has to say about the floor, it's a biggish ticket upgrade to get right...

Had a look on configuration and not much in the way of minor options, cost wise.

Ones that I would add, definites as opposed to maybe ones.

Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera, extra sliding window (gives the option to open on wind leeward side) and mudflaps.

Nothing in the way of a wheel change as can be done at a later time for less cost. ie sell the 16" wheels to offset the 18" purchase.

Other options are up to you but do a comparison with the Ocean spec & costs before ordering. Ocean could be better value if you start adding big ticket parts.
Many thanks for your input...you are not far from me in Stamford, can I ask where you got your van?

As it grey looks much better in the metal than in pictures. I wanted a darker colour as had a white car for a few years and sick of cleaning it.
Agreed Ascot much nicer in daylight, I. imagine Indium and Silver are popular for resale but we do want to pick a colour that "we want", non scream out at us, which probably means they are all OK :)

Agreed Ascot much nicer in daylight, I. imagine Indium and Silver are popular for resale but we do want to pick a colour that "we want", non scream out at us, which probably means they are all OK :)
Bit of a shame there isn’t a bright yellow or green option imo. I do like bay leaf green, even better 2-tone, but I’d definitely wrap and save £1500. I went grey in the end, looks great in reality and is free. I am considering wrapping the bottom half green. Would love to see an Ascot grey wrapped bottom half

Bit of a shame there isn’t a bright yellow or green option imo. I do like bay leaf green, even better 2-tone, but I’d definitely wrap and save £1500. I went grey in the end, looks great in reality and is free. I am considering wrapping the bottom half green. Would love to see an Ascot grey wrapped bottom half
Grey and green or grey and yellow would be lovely

I think you could go either way with an Ascot vehicle wrap. Either a grey bottom like Indium or even a matt grey for a tech/sport look, or go with a more heritage colour like a sage green or brown....but I'm not sure it would look right against a cherry red or baby blue...

If you're taking resale into consideration, go for Indium Grey. The safe option, looks classy, but perhaps a little bit boring.

If you're taking resale into consideration, go for Indium Grey. The safe option, looks classy, but perhaps a little bit boring.

Agree, been the most popular / desirable colour for a number of years

Hello all,
We are on the brink of ordering a new California Coast, just making the final decision on colour...which has by far been the hardest part so far!
We are in the process of adding to the spec and wondered:

Does anyone have any opinion on the optional wood-look flooring?
Any must have items in your opinion?

I also noticed that some of you new owners and about to be owners regret not ordering in the front fog lamps, can I ask why?

Many thanks in advance
I wouldn't bother with the wood look flooring. Looks great but most of the time I put a mat over it which defeats the point of it..

My local VC say they sell Indium grey as the most popular metallic and Ascot as the most popular flat colour...

Back