Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New van new side rails

Welcome. I'm trying to decide between the chrome and black VW bars. Are those the VW ones?. I'm more interested in protection than anything.

Mike

They are vw parts fitted on the day I took ownership. I'm really happy with their appearance, balancing the black awning and roof trim.
I did buy the ones from just campers but vw wouldn't fit them. The reason was the bracket which had been welded on the jk ones. The fitter said this may be a weakness. The vw ones are stainless steel too. To be honest they looked pretty much the same otherwise. Jk credited no quibble and at half the price might be worth it. You'd have to make your own decision about the weld strength.

Thanks. VW are paying as part compensation so it will be VW bars. Black looks good on yours. Mine will be on an indium Grey with a black awning and black/silver cascavel wheels. Throw in the chrome strip with the chrome pack and you can probably see why I'm struggling to make the decision as I reckon both will look good. Strength will therefore be the deciding factor.

Mike

Thanks. VW are paying as part compensation so it will be VW bars. Black looks good on yours. Mine will be on an indium Grey with a black awning and black/silver cascavel wheels. Throw in the chrome strip with the chrome pack and you can probably see why I'm struggling to make the decision as I reckon both will look good. Strength will therefore be the deciding factor.

Mike
I had a similar dilemma Mike. A friend with photoshop did some trickery and sent me pics of my van with both chrome and black. In the end I went with black. You I think may have a more difficult decision though...

Regarding the fitting, I ended up welding the bars directly onto the van directly as the bolts and brackets looked a bit weak.

I had a similar dilemma Mike. A friend with photoshop did some trickery and sent me pics of my van with both chrome and black. In the end I went with black. You I think may have a more difficult decision though...

Regarding the fitting, I ended up welding the bars directly onto the van directly as the bolts and brackets looked a bit weak.
Thanks. I will speak to the dealer re the fitting
It's looking like black.

Mike

Back