Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Years Eve Informal Meet -

well I am sorted. going to England's highest most remote pub for a 2 night pub lock in. the tan hill inn in the beautiful swale Dale. camping 5 quid a night. new year 20 sheets including snap and live music. the guy on the phone sold it to me when he said.....the weather is already bad....good luck getting here...but don't worry about anything once your here...we've ordered more than enough beer and wine....he said that... count us in mate.got to love Yorkshire straight talking. even on the Web site it says if you're soft you can camp in the barn. Yorkshire humour alive and well....the permanently offended best go elsewhere.
So you´ll be staying in the barn then.

sorry couldn´t resist.

well I am sorted. going to England's highest most remote pub for a 2 night pub lock in. the tan hill inn in the beautiful swale Dale. camping 5 quid a night. new year 20 sheets including snap and live music. the guy on the phone sold it to me when he said.....the weather is already bad....good luck getting here...but don't worry about anything once your here...we've ordered more than enough beer and wine....he said that... count us in mate.got to love Yorkshire straight talking. even on the Web site it says if you're soft you can camp in the barn. Yorkshire humour alive and well....the permanently offended best go elsewhere.
Ahhh. Last years thread had a disagree.. Anyway it was a top night for many reasons. Especially the baby cheeses. Which is what this time of year is about.

Interested too, Marine drive again ?

OK marine drive is in Scarborough.. Is Looe in oz?. If so I reckon I could drive to scarborough for a few. I know I should just Google it but I'd rather keep my brain working. And then kill it with alcohol. I sussed it out now. Had to cheat and use Google.

Last edited:
Head down to Looe for NYE for a fun and fancy dress free party - the locals know how to party, and welcome visitors.The pubs are all geared up for the bonanza - we went last year and planning again this year - could be an unofficial Cali meet up - Park up on Marine Drive, its a promenade right on the beach looking out onto Looe Island - it says no overnighting but they turn a blind eye on NYE. There is a toilet block on the promenade - Its a lovely 10 min walk into Looe town. We headed back to the van for the firework display, cuddled on the beach in a thick blanket with a bottle of Whisky - does life get any better

View attachment 27937

Is there a set time for meeting up? I am not sure if we will stay the night but we plan to be there early afternoon.