Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie,Aux heating again sorry

C

Cali1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
Hello,
Picked the Cali in October,fantastic truck.Still so much to learn about it,however one thing im trying to find out
The Aux heating,I was led to believe this could be run of the battery for a few hours,but after reading numerous threads it seems thats untrue.Can someone please clarify,do I need to leave the engine on when the Aux is on?
Ok,Ive started,second question.I am going to Spain a few weeks,24hr crossing.Will the fridge be able to cope with 24hrs left on as I intend on stocking up before I go?Will it flatten the battery or turn off,what does everyone else do?

Great community enjoying spending too many hours reading about what everyone is doing with there,lucky I work away so I can read now then play when i go home!

Thanks
Andy

Hi andy welcome
The aux heating should work of the leisure batteries without the engine running I have had
Mine on for 6 hours before without any problems :thumb the fridge should be ok for a couple of days on the leisure batteries so no problem :thumb note the aux heater and fridge run of the leisure batteries only so will not flatten the van battery.

Hi there.

The Aux heating should work quite happily from the battery... A good charge is necessary however as it draws a lot of current on startup.

On the fridge front... I regularly run it for several days not on hook up. Just need to be sensible about opening and closing. Drain on the batteries is relatively small, particularly with a duty cycle of around 20% which is normal for a compressor fridge.

Best to get it to temperature on hook up if possible.

Rgds
M

Thankyou for the replies that clears things up.

Happy camping!
Andy

Back