Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie from Aberdeen, Scotland - Looking to Buy a New Camper

HI Scott,
in Aberdeen and took delivery of a new T6 Ocean 4 weeks ago from Clarks commercials. Highly recommend Stuart. I printed off the 'dealer discount' survey from this website and took it in which very quickly got me a high end discount. Welcome to take a look at mine if interested in different options/colours. I opted for Bamboo garden green based on the small colour swatch as they had not had any vehicles in with that colur - really pleased with it.

all the best

HI Scott,
in Aberdeen and took delivery of a new T6 Ocean 4 weeks ago from Clarks commercials. Highly recommend Stuart. I printed off the 'dealer discount' survey from this website and took it in which very quickly got me a high end discount. Welcome to take a look at mine if interested in different options/colours. I opted for Bamboo garden green based on the small colour swatch as they had not had any vehicles in with that colur - really pleased with it.

all the best

Cheers!

And thanks for the offer. Actually going in to CC tomorrow morning to have a a look and test drive an ocean. Been told to ask for Stuart Douglas.

HI Scott,

all the best

Just out of interest what kind of discount did you get on your van? On my initial pricing i was offered a 3k discount, however on seeing a van today, realised there's another couple options I need to add putting the van price up another 2k, so need to see if I can get more off.

Also, silly question, how green is the bamboo green? We had initially picked the starlight blue colour, however on seeing the colour cards, it looks quite dark, and the van we tested was the same colour and it looked kinda purple. Saw the bamboo green card and it looked a nice colour, looked kinda blue though. on the configurator when I select green, it's very green!!

Just out of interest what kind of discount did you get on your van? On my initial pricing i was offered a 3k discount, however on seeing a van today, realised there's another couple options I need to add putting the van price up another 2k, so need to see if I can get more off.

Also, silly question, how green is the bamboo green? We had initially picked the starlight blue colour, however on seeing the colour cards, it looks quite dark, and the van we tested was the same colour and it looked kinda purple. Saw the bamboo green card and it looked a nice colour, looked kinda blue though. on the configurator when I select green, it's very green!!
As a percentage discount is easy. If you fully load a Cali you can get over £5k off

As a percentage discount is easy. If you fully load a Cali you can get over £5k off

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, as I've picked the van spec below, but puts the price a good bit higher.

204ps DSG 4MOTION
Bamboo Green Garden
17" Cascavel alloy wheels; silver diamond turned surface 7J x 17
LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
Lights & Vision package
Guide & Inform-Contract duration: 3 years, 1 year FOC No extra charge
Leather multi-function sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio, telephone and display controls
Discover Media Navigation system plus, SD card (Europe) No extra charge
Front and rear parking sensors
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat (Beach: bed enlargement including storage
compartment)
Cruise Control
Awning (housing and rail in black)
Seat trim covers in Alcantara
2 remote control folding keys and 1 rigid key No extra charge
Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level indicator
Mud flaps front and rear
Premium Bluetooth phone interface with wireless aerial and Wi-Fi connectivity

HI - you are welcome to swing past mine to take a look at real color as its in the drive. Drop me an email and I will send you the address. Im in cults. My kids say the bamboo green is more like a bluey green than a greeny blue. I got just over 8% which included the exisiting VW owners discount of £1000. however i suspect I would have got roughly the same without an existing vw

HI - you are welcome to swing past mine to take a look at real color as its in the drive. Drop me an email and I will send you the address. I'm in cults. My kids say the bamboo green is more like a bluey green than a greeny blue. I got just over 8% which included the existing VW owners discount of £1000. however i suspect I would have got roughly the same without an existing vw

Cheers! Think as I'm too new on the site, it won't let me view profiles or send messages. I work in Holland Mon-Fri, but here at weekends so we may take a drive past.

It's a small world actually, was just telling my Girlfriend someone in Cults has just bought the bamboo green colour if we wanted to have a look, and she said, oh my upholstery teacher Susan says someone on her street just got a new California, I wonder if it's the same one!

So these VW van dealers really aren't bothered about selling Cali's. Well at least in Aberdeen anyway!!

Saw and test drove a van on Sat, sale guy was helpful and gave us decent info. Loved the van and definitely think a Cali is for us.

Told him we were definitely interest, but needed to add a couple of things to our spec, gave him the revised spec, PDF and a configuration code, and he said he'd come back with a price. That was on Saturday, now Thursday and heard absolutely nothing back, no phone call, e-mail, nothing.

And after having to call them 3 times just to be able to arrange to test drive a van, I really don't think I should be the one chasing them up for a price / deal!!

So based on what I've seen so far, don't think I'll be ordering a van from them.

So these VW van dealers really aren't bothered about selling Cali's. Well at least in Aberdeen anyway!!

Saw and test drove a van on Sat, sale guy was helpful and gave us decent info. Loved the van and definitely think a Cali is for us.

Told him we were definitely interest, but needed to add a couple of things to our spec, gave him the revised spec, PDF and a configuration code, and he said he'd come back with a price. That was on Saturday, now Thursday and heard absolutely nothing back, no phone call, e-mail, nothing.

And after having to call them 3 times just to be able to arrange to test drive a van, I really don't think I should be the one chasing them up for a price / deal!!

So based on what I've seen so far, don't think I'll be ordering a van from them.

This is all to often what happens when trying to spend £40-£60k with Vw , their dealerships are absolutely atrocious.

...he said he'd come back with a price. That was on Saturday, now Thursday and heard absolutely nothing back, no phone call, e-mail, nothing.

Hi Scott,

sadly, this all sounds so familiar to me !! The words 'touch' & 'bargepole' come to mind... :rolleyes:
Try somewhere else. I wouldn't even let them service mine.

I've not found the light coloured interior to be a problem. The materials (seat covers, floor, furniture etc.) are all extremely durable and come up like new with some regular love and attention. The light coloured material make the interior light and airy - not at all claustrophobic.

Also agree with previous comments regarding the sliding seats - having owned and rented a number of T2 and T5 conversions the sliding rear bench is a real selling point - you can have a combi-van arrangement one minute and quickly shift to a living space arrangement at the slide of a seat. Brilliant.

Hi Scott,

sadly, this all sounds so familiar to me !! The words 'touch' & 'bargepole' come to mind... :rolleyes:
Try somewhere else. I wouldn't even let them service mine.

Only problem is they are the only VW van dealer local to me, nearest one after that is about 125 miles away.

Decided to wait for the moment anyway as we are in no rush to buy, so its their loss really.

I've not found the light coloured interior to be a problem. The materials (seat covers, floor, furniture etc.) are all extremely durable and come up like new with some regular love and attention. The light coloured material make the interior light and airy - not at all claustrophobic.

Also agree with previous comments regarding the sliding seats - having owned and rented a number of T2 and T5 conversions the sliding rear bench is a real selling point - you can have a combi-van arrangement one minute and quickly shift to a living space arrangement at the slide of a seat. Brilliant.

Yes the light interior became more apparent when we saw the van. I think if the interior was a dark colour, the van would have a whole different feel.