Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie! Leather seats or fabric covers?

We're very happy with the factory alcantara seat option, though if the retrimming companies include the door cards as well that would be a benefit I would have thought as the fabric ones seem more susceptible to marks etc. The alcantara seat pads did feel a bit more comfortable in the recent hot weather compared to the leather ones in our car. Some of the full leather retrim options for Cali's/Transporters look smarter though.

We're very happy with the factory alcantara seat option, though if the retrimming companies include the door cards as well that would be a benefit I would have thought as the fabric ones seem more susceptible to marks etc. The alcantara seat pads did feel a bit more comfortable in the recent hot weather compared to the leather ones in our car. Some of the full leather retrim options for Cali's/Transporters look smarter though.
Transcal will re-trim the door cards if you require.

Transcal did mine too.

I have a pet so my reasoning was to be able to clean the seats easily, to minimise wet doggy smells....and just cos it looks good!

I think I had a thermoflex lining fit under the bed leather which provides a little more comfort and aids keeping it free of condensation.

I still cover the back bench with a fleece and some vetbed as I have to share my seat with Dottie, but the front seats are left in all their glory.

So far so good.

I chose an all over lightish grey and love it. However I have seen so many fancy options. Obviously the sky's the limit....but sometimes simple is best too. Everyone to their own....it gives the opportunity to introduce some personality and individuality. Have fun!

Thank you everyone! This has been really helpful! I'll let you know what we decide but at the moment I'm swaying towards standard valley and a full transcal, looks so smart and will be practical for our needs :)

Vinyl is also an option. Apparently it performs very well - any experience or prejudices on here?

Vinyl is also an option. Apparently it performs very well - any experience or prejudices on here?
Yes, I imagine that would be cheaper and could look good and potentially be really durable too (I don't need mega durable to be honest but I am a fan of practical!)

Anyone have any pics or examples of vinyl? :)

I really like this - I feel it stays true to the style of the Cali trim but adds the convenience of leather.

We're going for Brandrup seat covers for the time being but will remember this one for down the line when they start to wear out.
Thanks - I'm really happy and it's been away camping for 2 weekends since and is all good! The design was based on the original fabric, with a similar pale grey outer and then a darker section where there was a patterned fabric before.

I will always whole-heartedly recommend B-Trim if you do decide at some point (and are in the South East) as they couldn't be more helpful or friendly and the work is top notch.

Back