Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Seat Covers Compatible With Leather/Alcantara

C

craig j

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello All

We collected our lovely new T6 Ocean this weekend which is fitted with the leather/alcantara seat option.

Although these look great and are very comfortable, they would not have been my first choice, but they were already fitted to an otherwise perfect spec California.

My hobby is motorsport and I would always use a set of seat covers to protect the seats from risk of damage. An oily hand on these light coloured seats is a worry and so we have been looking at options.

Our previous California was fitted with the fabric seats and we used a set of the Inka waterproof covers, which did an outstanding job of keeping them clean, but it was a bit like sitting on tin foil and not particularly comfortable.

We like the look of the GTI seats in the club shop, but we have been told that these and the Brandrup covers are not compatible with the leather/alcantara seats.

Can anyone recommend some nice covers that do fit with the leather/alcantara seats?

I’ve got Alcantra upholstery on mine and have fitted the Brandrup seat covers that were on my previous one.

I’ve got Alcantra upholstery on mine and have fitted the Brandrup seat covers that were on my previous one.

Thank you. I was told by the club shop that the brandrup would not fit. That’s interesting information.

Hi Craig, mine also came with Alcantara and I picked up some pre-loved Brandrup fabric covers on this forum.
They fit fine except for the head restraints, where I understand that the T6 ones are a bigger design so the covers are on front and back seats but not the leather head restraints. No issues in the 9 months of ownership so far.
Hope this helps

I have Alcantara on mine and after 12000 miles around Scotland and Europe they look as good as new. From this experience I personally wouldn't bother with seat covers. I'd certainly opt for Alcantara in the future; covering them seems to be a retrograde step IMHO. (Note that we dont have dogs or kids etc).

Thank you. I was told by the club shop that the brandrup would not fit. That’s interesting information.
The reason you were told by the club shop they don't fit is brandrup advised us their seat covers are not compatable with the alcantara so we tell our customers the same.

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 17.58.18.png

The reason you were told by the club shop they don't fit is brandrup advised us their seat covers are not compatable with the alcantara so we tell our customers the same.

View attachment 53562

Yes, hard for a distributor to disagree with the manufacturer when it clearly says so on the website. Appreciate that some have managed to get the Brandrup to fit, but I’m still searching for a suitable alternative which is confirmed as suitable by the manufacturer. However, I think it will be a fruitless search.

I have Alcantara on mine and after 12000 miles around Scotland and Europe they look as good as new. From this experience I personally wouldn't bother with seat covers. I'd certainly opt for Alcantara in the future; covering them seems to be a retrograde step IMHO. (Note that we dont have dogs or kids etc).
A magical fabric, Alcantara. Had it for years on our Transporter with Caravelle interior upgrade.

Hello All

We collected our lovely new T6 Ocean this weekend which is fitted with the leather/alcantara seat option.

Although these look great and are very comfortable, they would not have been my first choice, but they were already fitted to an otherwise perfect spec California.

My hobby is motorsport and I would always use a set of seat covers to protect the seats from risk of damage. An oily hand on these light coloured seats is a worry and so we have been looking at options.

Our previous California was fitted with the fabric seats and we used a set of the Inka waterproof covers, which did an outstanding job of keeping them clean, but it was a bit like sitting on tin foil and not particularly comfortable.

We like the look of the GTI seats in the club shop, but we have been told that these and the Brandrup covers are not compatible with the leather/alcantara seats.

Can anyone recommend some nice covers that do fit with the leather/alcantara seats?
We have the Alcantara on our new bus and we decided on some jackyards covers for Dylis. We have a 5 year old and basset hound not the best mix for seats in this current weather episode. They were expensive but I think they will look great when they arrive any day now. Hang on I’ll rephrase that,they will look great my missus picked the colour scheme. She got good taste she picked me

Craig. We are in the same dilemma as we also have leather/alcantara seats (dealer fitted option) which look and feel great, but the light grey colour does not seem a little impractical. We bought the van from new and had the exterior and interior treated with GardX protection. Hopefully this will help keep the seats clean.

We considered the Brandrup skins and the INCA GTI skins, but were informed that the seats are a slightly different shape and will not fit. However, it seems from the other posts that they might fit but seems like a lot of money if they don't. In the end we have opted for the INCA waterproof covers for wet / muddy days (a bargain at £120 for the set) but still with the leather/alcantara during the summer.

Sorry am I missing something, you take an expensive option and then cover it with a seat cover?

Yes, you are missing the point WS. I didn't choose the option. The van was pre-registered with VW and was sitting on the forecourt complete with multiple extra options including the seat upgrade, which I wouldn't have necessarily picked. However, it was such a great deal we went ahead and purchased anyhow. I like the seats but I still feel the light grey is impractical. I will only cover with Inca waterproof covers when I feel necessary.

Back