Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie retirement plan

Nige M

Nige M

Nige M
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone, recently bough a T6 Ocean, having never owned a camper before.

Spent a lot of time considering converting my own van, eventually realising I was trying to build a California and nothing else would do!

Enjoying reading the forums, it's all new to me and definitely hoovering the wisdom.

Welcome to the forum :) And congrats on the purchase! Having had a conversion, personal view - good choice picking a Cali!

I bought my Coast sight unseen as an early retirement gift. It's always an adventure even taking it to the shops. You will love its canny design and versatility.

We had a similar “journey”. We looked at a few different conversions, including our friends, and then hired an Ocean to see if we liked the campervan experience. We got sold on campervanning, and once in an Ocean, everything else we looked at didn’t meet our expectations. So - great choice!

How about sharing a photo of your new pride and joy, by way of introduction ?!

:welcome

We had a similar “journey”. We looked at a few different conversions, including our friends, and then hired an Ocean to see if we liked the campervan experience. We got sold on campervanning, and once in an Ocean, everything else we looked at didn’t meet our expectations. So - great choice!

How about sharing a photo of your new pride and joy, by way of introduction ?!

:welcome
As well as the ease of insurance , got a van converted and had to do the agreed value. Once I saw a cali I was sold on the standard of fit and finish, as you say not much compares.

:welcomeEggmondo :bananadance2

is your camera working ?

Back