Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yet another Newbie

P

Pd.

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

I've been a member for a few months now soaking up the wonderful information on here and enjoying the banter, well most of it:)

We purchased our van Bluey, not original I know but the name of one of my sons childhood toys his now in his late twenties last autumn with retirement in mind from the end of the year.

We are no strangers to this type of lifestyle having a Discovery 1 adapted for travel with a rooftent, cooking stove, fridge etc and apart from a few nights away last year for work we have not had the opportunity to use him.

Our wall chart of events, trips away and gatherings looks quite forlorn at the moment but we plan for next year, i doubt we will get much use this year due to covid-19.

However, next year is not far away and we look forward to getting out and about, visiting events and hopefully meeting some of you. Mean while I keep reading and learning and will be able to contribute to this great forum.

Keep safe and well and kind regards

pd

May I be one of the first or perhaps the first to welcome you to the forum, you obviously know what you're letting yourself in for, and the addictive lifestyle. I note you've taken a lifetime membership to the forum, so you're obviously in for The Long Haul.

Welcome to a fellow East Anglian - look out for a 19:plate 4 motion red and white two tone :welcome :welcome:welcome

Hi all,

I've been a member for a few months now soaking up the wonderful information on here and enjoying the banter, well most of it:)

We purchased our van Bluey, not original I know but the name of one of my sons childhood toys his now in his late twenties last autumn with retirement in mind from the end of the year.

We are no strangers to this type of lifestyle having a Discovery 1 adapted for travel with a rooftent, cooking stove, fridge etc and apart from a few nights away last year for work we have not had the opportunity to use him.

Our wall chart of events, trips away and gatherings looks quite forlorn at the moment but we plan for next year, i doubt we will get much use this year due to covid-19.

However, next year is not far away and we look forward to getting out and about, visiting events and hopefully meeting some of you. Mean while I keep reading and learning and will be able to contribute to this great forum.

Keep safe and well and kind regards

pd

Hello and welcome! We’ve done a few nights camping on the drive since lockdown and to be fair it’s been fun. Once you’re locked away in the van with a bottle of wine and the iPad with the blinds closed you could be anywhere. And the bonus of great facilities when the need arises;)