Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

W

Warp28

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just bought 7seat T6 beach before they all went
Wanting to go away and use it but under lockdown
Looking to build list of necessities for trips to Cornwall etc so looking for advice
Anyone know how to resolve rattles...just a bit annoying

Hi and welcome hope you enjoy getting away in your Cali. As for rattles I can recommend carrying less change in your pockets.

And don’t forget to pop a photo of your Cali on here

Welcome.

The rattles is one of the things that will get you going for a long time.
A few hints:
- awning
- sliding table
- sliding doors in kitchenette
- tambour doors in the back
- ... *

* = things you will have to find out yourself because we can't hear what you are hearing.

But don't let that all spoil your future trips in it.

:welcome

Welcome.

The rattles is one of the things that will get you going for a long time.
A few hints:
- awning
- sliding table
- sliding doors in kitchenette
- tambour doors in the back
- ... *

* = things you will have to find out yourself because we can't hear what you are hearing.

But don't let that all spoil your future trips in it.

:welcome
Hi
We have a beach so no kitchen, going to cook outside
Only had it a month so not been anywhere in it yet...can’t wait
Going to look at awning legs etc as other threads mentioned, will be a process

Looking to build list of necessities for trips to Cornwall etc so looking for advice
Welcome Warp28. Enjoy the van when you are able to. In rattles, always look for the rattle to the opposite side from where you hear the noise trust me, it works

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome! I’ve almost given up on rattles. I did just fit the anti rattle things from the forum for the awning. Funny thing is. A rattle does seem to have gone from the orchestra of rattles. But, the rattle I thought was the awning is actually I think, the blind over the sliding door!

The clips for the roof seem to rattle on the sliding cover. I feel that is probably an easy fix. Thinking of wrapping them in something.

Blinds I have no idea if they can be fixed.

Current most annoying noise is the squeaking from the chairs in the tail gate as they rub on the polystyrene liner.

Still, it’s a great vehicle. I also cannot wait to get out there in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome At least if its rattling, that means you are not at home! You just need to get used to them.

Welcome to the club, as for the squeaks and rattles...welcome to vanlife too, enjoy.

If you check the things already mentioned and pack crockery etc with a little care, you should achieve rattle free travel. Oh and sorry, welcome to the club.

Hello Warp28.
Lot of helpful people here with a wealth of advice.
Happy touring.

Welcome to the Beach Club Warp. Great choice :bananadance2

Where do you believe the rattles are coming from ?

The Beach is less prone to rattles than the Ocean purely due to the lack of kitchen & cupboards etc.
From experience I would concur with the above as far as commonality of the places that invariably can cause rattles.

The rear roof lining (elevating section) under the bed, is held on with inadequate clips which IMO most Cali owners have found the broken grey washer in various locations around the van with amazing regularity.
The headlining can be fixed by replacing the broken original clips with VW panel clips. - there’s a thread or two on the forum.

Sliding door table, take it out and put it back in correctly, making sure you hear it click into position.

Seat arm adjusters cause annoying rattles, use the adjuster to take up the slack, the rattle will stop.
(Additional rear seats included)

Wind out awning, either: the new clips available from the shop are reported to work, or fit felt pads fitted to the underside of the extending arms. (Attach to the fixed casing)
Make sure the wind out flip up cover is fully wound back against the casing ( take care not to apply too much pressure, which can break the gearing) - ensure the mating faces are clean and grit free before closing the awning.

Tambour cover to the pop top access, fit something that will create more friction to prevent it from working loose and opening on its own - various posts on the forum.

Pop top roof squeak, adjust the retaining clips to ensure the roof is pulled down onto the external rubber seal.
Check the external rubber roof seal is seated correctly against the front section of the roof.

Rear bench, move the position, clean rollers / rails, lubricated with silicone spray etc, put the seat back it in the required position then give it a shove to make sure it’s cliped in fully on the rails.

Remove the three original underseat boxes and change for the larger Ikea boxes, which fit tighter and provide more storage space

Use Gummi Pfledge on all rubber seals including the sliding window(s) seal (or silicone oil found in the sponge type shoe polish reviver).

If you can be specific about where / what rattles I’m sure you will get a more targeted response. I hope that gives you some suggestions to start with.

Using the Search function will help identify previous threads and resolutions.

Let’s see a photo of the new arrival.

That lot should keep you busy for an hour of lock down :thumb :Iamsorry

Welcome to the Beach Club Warp. Great choice :bananadance2

Where do you believe the rattles are coming from ?

The Beach is less prone to rattles than the Ocean purely due to the lack of kitchen & cupboards etc.
From experience I would concur with the above as far as commonality of the places that invariably can cause rattles.

The rear roof lining (elevating section) under the bed, is held on with inadequate clips which IMO most Cali owners have found the broken grey washer in various locations around the van with amazing regularity.
The headlining can be fixed by replacing the broken original clips with VW panel clips. - there’s a thread or two on the forum.

Sliding door table, take it out and put it back in correctly, making sure you hear it click into position.

Seat arm adjusters cause annoying rattles, use the adjuster to take up the slack, the rattle will stop.
(Additional rear seats included)

Wind out awning, either: the new clips available from the shop are reported to work, or fit felt pads fitted to the underside of the extending arms. (Attach to the fixed casing)
Make sure the wind out flip up cover is fully wound back against the casing ( take care not to apply too much pressure, which can break the gearing) - ensure the mating faces are clean and grit free before closing the awning.

Tambour cover to the pop top access, fit something that will create more friction to prevent it from working loose and opening on its own - various posts on the forum.

Pop top roof squeak, adjust the retaining clips to ensure the roof is pulled down onto the external rubber seal.
Check the external rubber roof seal is seated correctly against the front section of the roof.

Rear bench, move the position, clean rollers / rails, lubricated with silicone spray etc, put the seat back it in the required position then give it a shove to make sure it’s cliped in fully on the rails.

Remove the three original underseat boxes and change for the larger Ikea boxes, which fit tighter and provide more storage space

Use Gummi Pfledge on all rubber seals including the sliding window(s) seal (or silicone oil found in the sponge type shoe polish reviver).

If you can be specific about where / what rattles I’m sure you will get a more targeted response. I hope that gives you some suggestions to start with.

Using the Search function will help identify previous threads and resolutions.

Let’s see a photo of the new arrival.

That is a damn fine set of answers (and links) Perfectos and I'm sure Warp will be back to thank you soon. I guess he is out in his 7s Beach trying to fix the rattles! Like you, i think the Beach is an amazing bit of bit, and even 3 years into ownership I have learned some useful things to try (on my awning rattles) from your excellent post. Thank you!

Warp - Welcome to the Beach Club! I will post a list of the things that we think are the best / most useful accessories. How many of you are going to be travelling when you go away? Is this 2 adults or plus X number of children and of what (approx) ages. This gives me the perfect excuse in Lockdown to sort through all the stuff we take on our Cali Beach adVANtures! :)