Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

nice documentary on ID Buzz

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Just in from VW Press
an interesting look at how the ID Buzz came about ... a bit waffly in places but lots of great visuals!

It’s such an exciting time isn’t it?

In less than Five years we could be riding around from campsite to campsite in electric Californias.

Campsite: Do you want a hook up sir ?

Me: Abso-bloody-lutely friend, I’ve got two hundred miles to do tomorrow.

Last edited:
It’s such an exciting time isn’t it?

In less than Five years we could be riding around from campsite to campsite in electric Californias.

Campsite: Do you want a hook up sir ?

Me: Abso-bloody-lutely friend, I’ve got two hundred miles to do tomorrow.
Just spoke to the Motorhome & Caravan club and they said that all of their sites (bar 1) can support charging of EVs from the hookup supply.

Just need an ID Buz Cali now….(still waiting for our diesel Cali at the moment…)

Just spoke to the Motorhome & Caravan club and they said that all of their sites (bar 1) can support charging of EVs from the hookup supply.

Just need an ID Buz Cali now….(still waiting for our diesel Cali at the moment…)
They can, but I would guess will be the same as charging off a standard 3 pin plug at home at 10amps…very slow…but if you are parked up for a few days without moving it’s not so much of an issue.

They can, but I would guess will be the same as charging off a standard 3 pin plug at home at 10amps…very slow…but if you are parked up for a few days without moving it’s not so much of an issue.
Indeed, max 16 amp supply so 3.5kw. I charge my EV when away from home using the granny charger and it more that refills the daily mileage. I can’t wait for an electric camper.

The thought of stuffing a £100 into our diesel Cali and having to find fuel stations doesn’t fill me with too much joy…

Back