Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Were offers cheapest discounts on a new california T6 ocean ?

Little owl1963

Little owl1963

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Interested to hear were offers the best discounts on new cali's ?
Heard used to be 12% but now lucky to get 5 or 7 %
Any one no the best deals out there ?

Drive the deal website is reportedly the best price you’ll get on a brand new T6.1 Cali. If you prefer a local service then you can take the DTD quote to your local commercial dealership and hope they can get close.

I got 10.1% off list with Drive the Deal back in November, and was happy to pick up from Crawley, about an hour away. Demand seems to have gone up a lot now, so wouldn't be surprised if discounts are less.

Read somewhere that demand for Cali's in 2020 has risen 600%. Doubt if you will still find that 10% discount :)

Read somewhere that demand for Cali's in 2020 has risen 600%. Doubt if you will still find that 10% discount :)
Yes - cheapest Cali with no options less than 10% off...
F95C687E-5F0C-4E8E-85CB-8E81D3034D04.png

I just ordered an ocean from a main dealer last week and got just over 5%. Some dealers including my local one would do nothing but list price.

Interested to hear were offers the best discounts on new cali's ?
Heard used to be 12% but now lucky to get 5 or 7 %
Any one no the best deals out there ?
Answer: The discounts offered on the last T6s were I suspect, way better than now. I doubt if you'll find many, if any dealers offering anywhere near those discounts now. These reasons are obvious:

1. The T6 was shortly to be replaced by the T6-1. Dealers nearly always discount old models to clear stock ready for the new model. Once they have the new model in stock the old ones will usually become more difficult to shift without reducing the cost. Personally, I've always preferred an end of line vehicle because by then they are usually free of issues, often loaded with end of line options to help them sell and big discounts are possible.

2. At that point in time the supply chain was coughing out Californias without issue. So dealers were able to replace stock easily.

3. Brexit may have had an impact on supply but I'm not well up on that aspect.

4. Covid has effected supply in two ways: firstly by slowing or even stopping production for a while and secondly by restricting people's holiday choice to mainly the UK. Consequently the demand for tents, caravans, campervans and MHs has gone through the roof. In short, supply has slowed and the demand has risen.

Some friends of ours recently asked for advice on buying a Cali and after offering my ten penn'orth, I sent them to see the chap that I have so far purchased three Calis from. He (Laine Watts at SMG Tonbridge) is a very knowledgeable when it comes to Calis and has always offered me a handsome discount. As SMG are one of GB's biggest sellers of Californias they usually have a steady supply in the pipeline. Alas having been shown their demonstrator they apparently expressed an interest in buying it but was told that they can't get replacements at present or words to that effect, so no go.

So why would a dealer offer much if any discount if the demand is high and the supply is poor?

As for T6 discounts, I can only speak for myself but they were well into double figures. Previously, I've bought two ex demonstrators but our current Cali was a factory order. The discount on the ex demo vehicles was slightly higher still because they were in effect second hand albeit with next to no miles on the clock. Possibly two percentage points higher. However, if buying an ex demo van at present I would still expect a discount over a brand new one but I somehow doubt if I would be offered one.

Back