Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No more grey floor !

andrejab1

andrejab1

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
100% putting this down was for the look as much as the protection it offers. The light grey showed up every mark, plus we have a dog. Also we can always remove the planks leaving the brand new original flooring back to factory spec.
If I had a new Cali and a dog I'd probably do the same :)

R

RSMarco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Yes if you get a good tight fit and your measurements are accurate the vinyl planks sort of hold each other in place I’m confident that they have enough stick to hold themselves down.
cheers,
One last question if you don’t mind. Where the tiles meet the seat rail runner covers, are they under the trim or just butted up to the edge?

again, appreciate your info.

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
cheers,
One last question if you don’t mind. Where the tiles meet the seat rail runner covers, are they under the trim or just butted up to the edge?

again, appreciate your info.
Lifted the plastic clips that go at the end of each rail to hide the cut lines but found that two vinyl planks fit perfectly in between the rail gaps so with those I just butted up against. If that makes sense.

R

RSMarco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Lifted the plastic clips that go at the end of each rail to hide the cut lines but found that two vinyl planks fit perfectly in between the rail gaps so with those I just butted up against. If that makes sense.
Yes this does make sense. Much appreciated.

T

Tandt

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Yes if you get a good tight fit and your measurements are accurate the vinyl planks sort of hold each other in place I’m confident that they have enough stick to hold themselves down.
We had this type of flooring in kitchen dining room and conservatory for many years and countless large dogs running over it but it was very practical. Only downside it faded in the conservatory

P

Paul Moor

Vehicle
T6 Coast 102
Really like the ability to slide the rear seats / bed along the floor on those slides. Would really help with getting the bikes in the back. Was that with a special rear seat or can it be fitted aftermarket and where from?

Rob Wolzak

Rob Wolzak

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Love it whe want also something like that
Do you have more photo’s of instaling it
What do you take al out and loss to get it so nice

R

Richard H

Good evening,

it looks very good. I tryied to do this as well, using dary grey cheap carpet, but covering the rails (to avoid dirt getting in there). But even though it was much easier than your handy work I struggled a lot to get it. I tried it at least 3x times to get it in the way I wanted it.

The disadvantage of my approach is obviously that I have to roll up the carpet each time I move the bench. But I can live with this. I hope that the replacement of the carpet will be easier, because I can use the old one as a templace.

Regards,
Eberhard

S

ShmBK

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I’d also love some more installation pics. I’m very keen on doing the same

PaulMilton

PaulMilton

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Like the table vinyl- can you let us know how well it wears? I’d be interested to know how it lasts with hot stuff on it and the like.

I suppose you can just replace it even if it does get damaged but I would be interested to know how often!

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Love it whe want also something like that
Do you have more photo’s of instaling it
What do you take al out and loss to get it so nice
Apologies I don’t have anymore install pics. Just take your time and measure everything twice before cutting. I’m abit of a perfectionist so made sure it was a perfect fit with card templates. Good luck

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I’d also love some more installation pics. I’m very keen on doing the same
Have a look at the link, like Iv said before it’s quite simple but take your time and use card/paper templates for the awkward corners and edges.
Good luck if you decide to go for it.

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Like the table vinyl- can you let us know how well it wears? I’d be interested to know how it lasts with hot stuff on it and the like.

I suppose you can just replace it even if it does get damaged but I would be interested to know how often!
Yeah that’s the plan we can replace with another design if we fancy a change or it gets warn out. As for hot stuff we always put a heat matt down for pans anyway .

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Yeah for sure. We have a scrubbed wood finish Amtico in our kitchen and dining room.
Fantastic product.

L

Lee Price

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
That looks great! Looks like a really tidy job. Thanks for sharing. How many packs of the vinyl planks did you use? Did you need to take the bench out, or did you slide it backwards and forwards depending on where you were fitting?

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
That looks great! Looks like a really tidy job. Thanks for sharing. How many packs of the vinyl planks did you use? Did you need to take the bench out, or did you slide it backwards and forwards depending on where you were fitting?
Three packs will be enough and yes just moved it fully to the rear completed the living area then fully forward to finish the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Lee Price

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Three packs will be enough and yes just moved it fully to the rear completed the living area then fully forward to finish the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. I think i’ll give it a go! Hope it looks as tidy as yours when it’s done! :)

Our Partners